“Food ok but poor value”

Neighborhood: Huertas
Kelso, Scotland
“Food ok but poor value”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Had the fixed price tapas menu for dinner with a couple beers and it came to 61Euro for the two of us. The tapas were fine, though nothing special, but the portion sizes were very small. Lots of litter blowing around the tables and overall it didn't feel special in any way. Give it a miss.

• Visited May 2012

Pipe Creek, Texas
“Great tapas and charcuterie”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stopped in for a bite and found the food far better than expected for such a "touristy" location just off the Puerto del Sol. The salad with goat cheese was amazing, the morcillo sausage very flavorful. The waitron was a bit disengaged but that's Spain for you!
I do think the tapas menu was overpriced, you do much better ordering a la carte.

• Visited May 2012
Port Sunlight, United Kingdom
“Bargains”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

You could afford to stay in Madrid for ever if you only ate and dined here. Love it. Friendly and congenial atmosphere

Visited March 2011
New York City, New York
“Terrible...big waste of money and time”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I went in here as we were already in the plaza where it was located and they had a salad that looked good for her. Biggest mistake we made while in Madrid. This was the worst meal we had in Spain and that is saying a lot considering I never got a chance to eat my meal. Her salad came out not as described on the menu of course. 10 minutes later and after asking for it, my chicken came out cold and still partially raw. At that point we didn't want to stay there so we asked in Spanish to please take the chicken back and bring us the check. The manager walked away and after after 2 minutes came back with a still raw looking but hot chicken, my guess is microwaved. When I told him again in Spanish since they did not speak much English that I did not want it, he got mad and threw it into a bus tray and brought us our check. Seriously not worth the time or money and definitely not a quality place, skip it at all costs!

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Lunch (Menu of the Day) Worthwhile”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The quality of food here is pretty decent - between my husband and I - we had salads (our choice) for starters, meatballs and chicken for mains, fruits and cheesecake for desserts. Bread and a glass of Mahou beer with the menu of the day.

While the food is not fabulous, I don't regret going there. Servings were sufficient to make us very full.

Service was average - not rude, but not polite too.

• Visited November 2011