“authentic, but mediocre”

Cuisines: Spanish
Neighborhood: Universidad
Neighborhood: Universidad
Reviewed October 11, 2018

the restaurant has seen better times. it is very authentic and Spanish, but the service is not good. the portions are big and tasty. the wine is mediocre quality. can be skipped, nothing exceptional

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The food is outstanding and the service is quick and efficient. It feels like an old time neighbood restaurant, the staff is so lovely and the patrons come in and seem to know the joint which I loved. Always good to find a place the people of the city trust, right? Liked it so much we went back for breakfast the following day.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

The food not so good, at least not at all worth the price, I’ve been to serrano to great places, almost the same prices and the food just doesn’t makes it up at all.
It gets very noisy and you can barely enter the place. The dessert we ordered is from a supermarket. The picture is from the entrance, you can’t go out.
Not recommended at all. Very overpriced

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2017

A Spanish friend recommended me this restaurant. I ordered mariscos paella and told that it would be $16 euros because I was going to order one person's portion. I had to wait for over 30 min. for my paella. The food was freshly cooked, but the rice was not fully cooked. Later I was told by Spanish teachers that Spaniards like the rice a little bit under cooked. However, the paella was not impressive. It was a little bit salty and plain. The clams were so tiny and the shrimps were not good sizes, either. The two mussels were very good sizes and tasty.

The service was minimal. After the waiter brought me a bottle of water, he never paid any attention to me. When the bill was arrived it was 20 euros + 1 euro for something + water + tax. Total 23 euros. I was a little bit confused. First, I thought I misunderstood because my Spanish was bad. On the hand, I would not misunderstand the number 16 (dieciséis) since I have been at a Spanish language school for 3 weeks.

I was not in a mood to argue about my bill. I paid it with my credit card and left the restaurant. So if you are going to this restaurant, repeat the price to your waiter and make sure that you are aware of the price of the food if your Spanish is not excellent.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Really friendly.you feel like local on the first visit. Really great food. Spanish ambience. Tapas to every drink.

Date of visit: August 2017