“Very Poor”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Torres Bermejas, opened in 1960, is the most important and unique in the world flamenco show. Torres Bermejas is unique for its stunning room that reproduces inside the Bermejas towers of the Alhambra in Granada, with walls with Arabic motifs, tiles and wooden coffered ceilings. As well as a memorable artistic history, with the launch to fame of the greatest flamenco in recent times, as Camarón himself, who acted with us for 12 years and where he met guitarist Paco de Lucía. The visitor coming to the flamenco show Torres Bermejas enjoy an unforgettable artistic experience by our Cuadro Flamenco composed of the best artists from singers, guitarists, clappers and dancers.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Both the dinner and the show where mediocre at best. The set menu offered was nothing like the one that had been email to us in advance (tinned fruit for dessert!) and the quality was very poor. The show was wretched with only one dancer showing any passion or talent. On the whole the evening was extremely unsatisfactory, disappointing and very bad value for money.

We are told that there are much better shows in Madrid go else where!

2  Thank LMD213

Reviewed March 18, 2014

So I went with the viator option of a drink and show for two. The show did not disappoint and the dancers were mesmerising, however am glad we did not dine here as the menu did not look particularly appetizing. In addition, the website states the show starts at 9pm and ends at 12.30am which is not true as the show ended at half past eleven. In addition, for our drinks we ordered a sangria each as part of the viator option and a sprite on top. They charged us an extortionate 6 euros 66 cent for the sprite- absolutely obscene!!

1  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I will start by saying that I did go with Groupon and so took the offer with discount. I agree with previews comments on the fact that the original price shown it's not realistic. I understand that the quality of the food might not be excellent as you are paying less money BUT>
-the show was not good at all, I doubt there were only "groupon customers" there, so I feel sorry for those who paid the full amount
- the waiters were extremely rude. A smile does not cost anything and there is no need to be treated miserably, even if you are a "groupon" customer. The service was the worse experience ever, plates were literally pushed on the table and waiters showed no patience at all with our lack of Spanish knowledge.
- I go to Madrid often and it's not first time I use a groupon offer to go and see a show, so far I never had any bad experiences, this is the first time I think I' ve thrown my money out the window!!!

to the owners of the place, STOP WITH GROUPON! the idea behind the use of groupon is to promote your restaurant so that people come back; based on my experience and the comments below you are losing any chance of gaining new customers, and righteosly so!

3  Thank littlepatty78
Reviewed December 18, 2013

After reading sketchy reviews on the food, we opted for the drink & show option only. We walked in 45 minutes early to our show, and saw two people dining on pork chops. It looked great, but we're glad we opted to stay local instead (Los Zuritos off Calle Atocha), and it was much cheaper! We spent 1/3 less at an off-site restaurant.

When we walked in, there were only two tables filled. We knew we were early, but figured that it would get packed soon thereafter. Fifteen minutes later, they started the show (thank goodness we arrived early!!) with only one additional table. This is a fairly big room, and only four tables (us included) were filled. The show, the dancers, the music and the singers were WONDERFUL and they really get into their performance.

The location is wonderful, and you can go shopping or out afterwards right down the street.

The only reason I'm not giving five stars is because I imagine the atmosphere would have been much better had the place been somewhat busy or even half full! Also: the wine is gross. Get sangria!

2  Thank RachaelyAbel
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I use to love this place ,I went there 18 times in the 80's and 90's it was fantastic,but now is so comercial they charge cover pice,the food is terrible very poor.
the place was not full and the show suppose to start,but the dancers refuse,we ask them,but they dance only two dances.When we got the cheque,we were very surprise!! how expencive it was not worthted, I will never go back there again!!