“Flamenco - DON'T GO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Torres Bermejas

Torres Bermejas
Reserve with
Torres Bermejas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,092 of 10,548 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Torres Bermejas, opened in 1960, is the most important and unique in the world flamenco show. Torres Bermejas is unique for its stunning room that reproduces inside the Bermejas towers of the Alhambra in Granada, with walls with Arabic motifs, tiles and wooden coffered ceilings. As well as a memorable artistic history, with the launch to fame of the greatest flamenco in recent times, as Camarón himself, who acted with us for 12 years and where he met guitarist Paco de Lucía. The visitor coming to the flamenco show Torres Bermejas enjoy an unforgettable artistic experience by our Cuadro Flamenco composed of the best artists from singers, guitarists, clappers and dancers.
Wirral
“Flamenco – DON'T GO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I've only given a 1 star rating as '0' wasn't an option. We were recommended this by our hotel as the one we wanted to go to was fully booked. Thankfully we didn't book the food as it looked terrible and smelt worse. We were crammed onto a tiny table by the stage between unhappy diners who then had even less elbow room.

Then our complimentary drinks came. A thimble of beer and some sangria that left a bad taste in our mouths. Then the guitarists and 'singers' appeared. And then much to our amusement, the 'dancers'. They were, old, tired and worn out much like their outfits.

My wife suffers from Arthritis and the cramped conditions were extremely uncomfortable. We persevered for 30 minutes. Then the dancer preceded to fling her dusty old dress in my wife's face nearly taking our drinks with it.

By this time we couldn't relax and informed the staff. It was at this point when the manager became extremely aggressive pushing my wife and myself and blocking the exit. It was very intimidating and not the kind of experience we set out to have.

We highly recommend not going here. If you do we hope you have a better experience than we did.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank dtandk
Federico E, Director Comercial at Torres Bermejas, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

It is incredible that after trying to leave without paying the bill we also put a review on this website.

They settled in one of the best tables in our tablao (these tables are ordered months in advance), glued to the stage. In one of the proceedings, one of our dancers acts with a "coat tail" (tail type skirt bride), and inevitably turning dress party rubbing some table .. what some people find it "charming" to others find "horrible" ..

I do not understand it says that the dresses are dirty and old, as are costumes dancers themselves and care a lot about the cost so high that they have.

You were in our room 90 minutes, and at that time took two glasses of sangria and beer, if it was so bad that you asked a second drinking?

In this company no threat physically, just wanted to call the police for you to pay your account and you tried to escape without paying, only the goalkeeper held him until police arrived.

We hope you have second thoughts about his behavior in the courtroom and not repeat it again anywhere else.

Regards,

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
“Good dancing disapointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The dancing was great , the food while tasty was not worth the price. We were disapointed when dessert showed up, as it turned out to be canned fruit cocktail and no coffee was offered.

My advice is to eat somewhere else and just pay for the show and a drink.

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your review of our show. We regret to think that the food was expensive for the quality offered, but we're not a normal restaurant, the price charged is including the show (20 artists).
Forgive our waiter if he forgot to ask if they wanted coffee, we will take action.

We hope to serve you better in next time.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“"just give me your 37,00 euros sucker"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We wanted to take my elderly mother to see a Flamenco show in Madrid. We didn't have reservations, so we walked in and asked how much it would be to watch the show and if we could get in? The Maitre'D Fernando was very unclear on what the offering was whether it was just a show or dinner/show even though I speak fluent Spanish and asked him. He directed us to a window with a menu that you could barely make out what read. We were also told to wait outside the establishment even though there was plenty of room inside the lobby area. I asked Fernando when the next show was, he told me to come back at 10:45pm and he would get us in. So we did. Big mistake! We should have gone elsewhere. The place was full with150 people tour group and the dancers that were done dancing were outside smoking cigarettes eyeing people up and down, they where clearly not happy to be there and voiced this in front of the patrons. Why? They knew they were going to give another show. There were more people coming in and asking how much and if they could stay for the show. They were told to wait next to us, with no idea what they were expecting. By the way, taking into consideration those with reservations and walk-ins after us, we were the last party to be let in and seated.
We finally were let in and sat down (at no time were we asked if we were there for just the drink or if we were going to have dinner with the show). We were sat in a back corner while others were seated in prime center-front seating and finally a waiter showed up. He asked us "what do I get you to drink"? I asked him if he had a menu? He told us that we were there for a drink. What? I asked him if we could sit closer to the stage there was plenty of room? NO, not if we were there for just a drink. Oh and by the way, the tour guide with her small party of 10 had a better seat plus a drink, than us paying patrons. So I asked him if we got dinner a la carte if we could move closer to the stage, there was only about 50 people there and there was plenty of room. NO, (again) that was our table. I asked to speak to the owner, that was there, when I did, he seemed uninterested with us. He was entertaining some big wigs he wanted to impress and had no time to deal with us patrons. That's when I should've left. The place is beautiful, my mom asked me to stay pay the 37,00euros for the show and a drink. It was late and mama was enchanted with how beautiful the place is. So I sucked it up and braced myself for whatever came for 37,00euros. I guess it's just the luck of the draw where you are seated, we just drew the short straw.
The show consisted of two guitarists, two singers and three dancers that came out separately. We were promised at least an hour show. Ha! More like a half-assed show for 40 minutes. Every one looked around at the end like if they were expecting more. That's when know, you just got fleeced.
Did I also mention I'm Cuban and speak fluent spanish. I could understand all the underhanded remarks I heard from the help staff about all of patrons coming in and staying for the show.
This could have been such a great experience, but they fell short, very very short for 37,00euros a head. At least give me the full hour entertainment. Go elsewhere - not impressed.
One more thing. The first time I went to Spain we went to the Cafe de las Chinitas and we had dinner and a show and I really enjoyed it. We had four or five guitarists, three to four singers, single dancers, pairs (female and male) and group dancers. We also enjoyed one of the best dancers we have ever seen, Pepa Carrasco. That even at a later stage in her career she could dance circles around any of the performers we saw at this establishment. The second time we went to Spain with our son, he wanted to see a flamenco show, we went to Cardamomo and for 20euros got a drink and a show. We also had a special treat for those 20euros, the featured dancer is one of the best flamenco dancers in the world, Belen Lopez. Money well spent both times. But not this time.
I love flamenco and visit establishments in South Florida that bring acts from Spain to perform and have seen plenty of flamenco to know when I got a half-assed show. I don't care how many pictures they have of the Spain's king and dignitaries, if they don't take care of the regular schmuck that goes and is willing to put down his money, they will close.

1 Thank Mikesugarsugar
Dear Mike,

We deeply regret your bad experience in our tablao. The problem come without reservation is that there is often no space available, so I did wait until 22:45 pm which was the time that they left some customers.

We do not select customers for us all the same, and so laying on tables is not a whim of the head waiter, but to organize prior reservations and make room for the people who made ​​reservations early. I regret that the site did not like, but now it was not possible changing their site.

Regarding our show, we start every day at 21:30 pm, ending at 01:30 h. Do not understand how he says the show did not last long, maybe you came too late and was unable to enjoy it all.

Thank you very much for your input, try that your case will not happen again, I convey our apologies if her mother was uncomfortable sometime.

hope to serve you better in next time.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Only 2 of the flamenco dancers could really dance. Food was decent and not exactly cheap. The male flamenco dancer was a little over the top. Not a terrible experience but definitely not a great one.

Dear Sir,

we appreciate your opinion. We are working to improve the perception people have of us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Flamenco!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was our first Flamenco experience!!!! Wow!! It was amazing! We did not have dinner, after seeing all the reviews, we opted only for drinks. The dance was great, graceful and passionate. The place was full with tourists, organized tours I assume, which come 23:00, they all got back to their hotels, which left the place for us!! As I mentioned it was my first flamenco experience, therefore I wouldn't be able to compare.

• Visited August 2012
Dear Didierff

We are very happy that their first experience of Flamenco in Madrid has been with us, you chose the best place in Madrid (the cathedral of flamenco). It's a shame not to taste our kitchen, and we have changed the letter several months ago and have improved 100% in both the quality and preparation.
We hope in a future occasion to return to enjoy our show and our cuisine.
Thank you very much for your criticism.