“Rip-off”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Torres Bermejas, opened in 1960, is the most important and unique in the world flamenco show. Torres Bermejas is unique for its stunning room that reproduces inside the Bermejas towers of the Alhambra in Granada, with walls with Arabic motifs, tiles and wooden coffered ceilings. As well as a memorable artistic history, with the launch to fame of the greatest flamenco in recent times, as Camarón himself, who acted with us for 12 years and where he met guitarist Paco de Lucía. The visitor coming to the flamenco show Torres Bermejas enjoy an unforgettable artistic experience by our Cuadro Flamenco composed of the best artists from singers, guitarists, clappers and dancers.
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This was a recommendation from our hotel which I was a little sceptical about since the reviews were so mixed. The dancing was quite good but some of the dancers were almost comical especially one chap who was totally over the top. The people around us were quite noisy and there were about 100 people packed into a very small room. The price was quite steep at ?44 each including a drink. We had four more drinks at ?8.20 per drink which was extortionate. They were small glasses of beer, and the wine was very poor quality The service was good but overall I don't have a positive feeling about the experience.

Federico E, Director Comercial at Torres Bermejas, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

I regret that your opinion is not good about us.
That boy you laughs saying it was almost comical, is one of the best flamenco dancers in Spain and worked here for many years. I understand that you have not seen a lot of flamenco and not know that much of the art of the dance is "feeling" .. I think you did not understand what this art.

Regarding people making noise in the room, it is normal, as this is not a theater, but a Flamenco Show serving dinner and drinks and people have to speak logically. There are other options, which are not a tablao, and dinner at an average restaurant and then see a flamenco show in a theater, so they can enjoy the silence.

Regarding prices, we have little to say, as the price of beer is for a 33cl glass (seems expensive for a 4-star restaurant?) Of wine I can not say anything about tastes there is no defense possible.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It has a great environment. Dancers are astonishing. Food is terrific. I recommend this places with my eyes closed.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your criticism, all the staff of this home works to help people like you get out of here with the feeling of witnessing a magical night.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The dance was great, enjoyed the flamenco performance.
However I hope that the service could be improved. It was kind of pricey so we were expecting better service. We dropped in without advance reservation, and didn't exactly get a warm welcome from the staff there. The service was quite cold. It was kind of a shame really, cos the dance performance was pretty good.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

It too expensive for your money,Food is extremely expensive each tapa at $ 50 euro,better shows somewhere else.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to three entirely different flamenco shows, in different parts of Spain, and I have to say this is the best by far. Very conveniently located in the centre of Madrid, this venue is actually a restaurant. However, I can't comment on the food as we booked for 'show only'. Our table was right at the front, and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. It was a long show, dancers were excellent and very professional - despite the small stage - and every bit value for money. Had I eaten there, I don't think I would have noticed what I was eating. If you only have time for one flamenco show in Spain, this has to be it. I love dance, and I would travel to Madrid again just to see this show.

Federico E, Director Comercial at Torres Bermejas, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback from our room!
It is nice to know that we immensely is tablao the best, or the best show in which you have been. When I convey our opinions artists like yours, and from a country so distant from ours, only need look in their eyes to see how proud they feel at being able to convey your feelings to people like you.

Thanks for listening, we look forward to his return to Spain.