“Everything you could want from a hostel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Musas Hostel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Las Musas Hostel
Ranked #17 of 407 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Everything you could want from a hostel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

A friendly and well organised place. Good value for money. Great location, 3 minute walk to Lidl supermarket, 5 mins from El Rastro and 2 mins from El Metro. Honestly couldn't fault it. Well done Las Musas, I will recommend you to all my friends!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in Madrid. Staff were helpful, very handy location and my dorm had single beds instead of bunks which was a nice surprise. There was a large kitchen and common area. I had all the facilities I needed for my time in Madrid.

• Stayed April 2014
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived, the guys at reception were not the friendliest. They ignored me for over 5 minutes while talking to each other. Throughout my stay they were not that helpful. One of the girls was friendly and was more helpful.

When I got to my room, there was long brown hairs on the bottom sheet and the pillow case. They only provide you with a comforter cover for the blanket. It was clear they had not washed the sheets. I was happy that I had brought a pillow case with me.

The kitchen is pretty dirty but this may be from the amount of people using it.

I found the people at the hostel weren't the friendliest. The only way I met people was through the pub crawl which was a lot of fun.

Overall it wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. Location is good but it is dirty and the people are unfriendly.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Easy to find, and a very lively atmosphere. There are very affordable tours and activities organized by the hostel every day and night, churros and coffee every morning, paella nights, young guests, always new people to meet and party with, and it's centrally located. The rooms were great for the price, too. I'll definitely come again if I'm in Madrid again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank FGrandillo
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was there for three nights. It is a very place. Very big, the rooms are big so there is enough space for everybody's things. It is very clean. They offer various tours. There is wifi. The guys at the reception are really nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Las Musas hostel in Madrid is great. We spent 4 nights there with my friend. First, all the positive facts about our trip:
1) The guys at the reception are very friendly and funny, gave all the necessary information and answered all the questions that we had. Helped us as much as they could with our booking problem/mistake.
2) There are various activities organized at the hostel and together with other hostels. Free walking tour every day, tours to other cities and different get-togethers every evening.
3) We took part in the free walking tour. Guide Erica did a great job! It was funny, just enough amount of historical facts, not too long and she showed a very nice cheap restaurant with traditional food at the end of the tour.
4) We went to Toledo, beautiful old historical city. Definitely worth visiting. That’s a good idea to offer such trips at the hostel.
5) We went to Flamenco at Las Carboneras. It is also a special offer from the hostel. Just 18€ and it was an amazing show!
6) All in all, the hostel is clean, quiet, and right in the center. We could walk to all the bars, restaurants, and sightseeing places. It is also very easy to get there by metro; the station is just 2 minutes walking.
7) There is coffee, tea and milk offered for breakfast at the lobby. So it was also very comfortable to have breakfast there every morning.

And last but not least, the negative part. There has been a mistake or a problem with our booking. We booked 2 beds in a 4-bed room for 4 nights. It was also stated in our booking confirmation. However, it showed totally different information in the booking system at the hostel. It showed that we had 2 beds in a 8-bed room. Luckily, boys at the reception gave us 4-bed room (only girls) for 3 nights and last night we had to sleep in the 8-bed room (mixed one). We did not have to pay anything extra. As far as I am concerned another couple from Germany had the same problem that day. I don’t know if it was a problem of the booking.com website or the booking system of the hostel. But it was the only tiny thing that spoiled just a little bit our vacation in Madrid.
Thank you for the hospitality, Las Musas hostel and it’s crew!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very nice hostel, clean, cool atmosphere in city center, they organize some activities to suroounding cities, and they cook EXCELLENT paella at a very fair price.

I would definetely recommend it. Enjoy it and enjoy Madrid :)

Room Tip: 2nd floor better