All reviews small kitchen metro station the air conditioning unit great location street noise within walking distance tapas breakfast room gran spain checkin taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2018

A group of students and I stayed in this hotel for a week when we toured Madrid in summer '16. The concierge here is very kind and helpful, and the rooms are large and decent (we were out all day so it didn't really matter). The location is very nice, as it's right next to a stellar restaurant (Círculo Catalán), Gran Vía, El Palacio Real, and the bus station. There's really a lot within walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

It is a very old hotel. They try to cook a nice beef from old meat. As long as the meat is old you can't cook nice beef. It is the same for this hotel. The hotel is very old and they are trying to give a color to the hotel. The room was smelling very bad. I kept the window wide open during all the stay but the smell was still there. The staff is making amazing noice. In the morning 4 times they knocked on the door to clean the room. When I said to do it later they as pls put don't distrube sign on the door. But there was no don't distrube sign in the room. Afterwards they brought one to my room. Bathroom was very old and not cleab. The douch tap was broken. They are aware of the problems and complaints. That is why they were busy with refurbishing I think. The breakfast is been serving next door. There is no restaurant and/or bar in the hotel. It is just a place to sleep. The breakfast was very poor and they have just 6 tables. There was never place to have your breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 921mellyp
Reviewed May 13, 2018

me and my husband spent 5 days at this hotel, we had a medium size room equipped with some kitchen tools that were not very well equipped but not bad. you could hear the other rooms noises and the room wasn't isolated enough. the reception man at our entrance day was very kind and tried to described the area for us that was helpful..the rooms were clean and the location was perfect actually,,in front of the plaza the Espana and near gran via ,one of the best street of the Madrid i believe,,the access to the subway was well also..we liked the Apartamentos Espahotel by all,specially the location.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sara_sammmm
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights and they gave us an amazing room. The bathroom was clean and the receptionists very kind. The location was close to Gran Via and in front of Plaza España. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Well located at the end of the popular Gran Via and just across from a metro station. Rooms are clean with comfortable beds and everything worked well. There is a small kitchenette section if cooking is needed. The windows seem to have double insulation so street noise is minimal. The staff were helpful and friendly as well.

Two issues which prevented a better score for this hotel. The air conditioning unit is an old single unit type which sits on the floor and is irritatingly loud, especially since it switches on and off to control the temperature. For light sleepers this might be a problem. Secondly, the included breakfast is provided in the adjacent shop unit which has a very small and cramped space allocated for guests. Not only did we have to wait a longish time for a table but the food selection was the smallest of all the hotels during our trip. Granted this hotel is good value and has a good location, but do skip breakfast if you can help it.

Date of stay: November 2017