“Limited 45 minutes wifi usage in Spain, they shouldn't price their coffee like they do else where!!!!”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #59 of 134 Coffee & Tea in Madrid
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Malasana
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I go to Startbucks not for their quality of coffee but for convenience location wherever i travelled to. I found their staffs are unfriendly and full of attitude here. I was in Nuevo Ministorio branch tonight. I asked them for extra 45 mins wifi usage in spanish, was just told I can only get (curenta y cinco minutos) in an emphasised mean tone!! Don't go if u want to sit there longer to enjoy your coffee while using your laptop!! You are not welcomed!

Toronto, Canada
“Starbucks is better in Europe...go figure”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Does not matter which size drink you get....all the same price!

Milk and coffee tastes better...stay away from the food (it is way more expensive than in North America).

Visited August 2012
Madrid, Spain
“Standard, slow service”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Well, how can you review a Starbucks? Only to say that I am getting a bit annoyed by the slow pace and "don't care" attitude of the personnel. I experienced both the Banco de España and the Pedro Damian ones. Differenty kids, same turtle-like speed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Pasquale P
Miami, Florida
“Warning”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

A word of advice: I was just sitting at a table having a coffee at the Starbucks on El Prado Blvd, right around the corner from our Hotel Palace. I was online on my laptop checking email and noticed a shady character wearing a long trench coat on a rather sunny and warm day. He pretended to talk on a cell phone while pacing around from table to table. I looked at my screen for one second and the guy grabbed my iPhone that was sitting on the table in front on me. Luckily I was on to him and was able to grab him before he walked away. I told the Barista about it and she called the police. An undercover cop showed up within 30 seconds and apparently they catch the guy down the street. About 15 minutes later, another guy sat next to me at the same and started mumbling on a cell phone that looked like a toy. I got up and left. Be very, very careful, as this is happening all over Madrid. Other than that, this is regular Starbucks like anywhere else.

• Visited May 2012
9 Thank miamiajp
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Just don't ask for Chai without water!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

W/the exception of airports, I rarely visit Starbucks when in the US. I live 3 blocks from this one and, at first, visited every Sunday from approx 2-4pm. But now, I go twice a week. Im a regular customer at this one locale. without fail, I make the exact same order every time: a salad, a blueberry muffin, and a chai latte w/ no water. Every once in a while, the person taking my order will ask if I want soy milk and, as usual, I recoil and say no. They make notations on the cup and two mins later, I receive a cup of hot soy milk! This is infuriating! It has happened today and as usual, I return to the barista the very drink s/he has just prepared and, on cue, I'm given a look of surprise. They always take the cup from me and politely agree to make me a second cup. But not before checking w/the person to take my order who always seems to a false memory of some discussion about soy milk at the time of the order. Today was the colmo! (final straw)! When making my order, I spoke slowly and enunciated; then, I repeated the most important part of the order "sin agua, con leche normal", but I added my new preference, the hottest possible temperature. And surely, I got soy milk! It is important to know that soy milk is available upon request. I never request it; I am not a fan. The absolute only reason I didn't give this locale only 1 star is that there are approx three baristas who recognize me, or at least, listen to the order.

As far as Starbucks' cleanliness and food goes, it's the same everywhere. The friendly service you might expect or want depends largely on which shift is on duty when you visit. I believe in customer service driving customer loyalty. I know Starbucks is over-priced and I don't drink coffee, and as I just described, the customer service leaves quite a bit to be desired.

1 Thank Travelsindiinero