“Believe the hype, but be prepared...”
Review of La Musa

La Musa
Ranked #171 of 11,302 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Malasana
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is mainly a follow-up on the review I wrote here some months ago about a disastrous previous visit (*link below) I'm glad to say that I was finally conctacted by La Musa's Management and after discussing my complaint, I was invited to come for dinner on my next visit to Madrid. A very generous gesture from their part.

This time it was more the kind of experience I had always had at La Musa: friendly service and absolutley stunning food. Even bearing in mind that the staff were obviously going out of their way to make sure everything was perfect on this occasion - which it was.

If you have read through the rest of reviews you will have seen many enthusiastic comments. Believe the hype. I have not found a better place in this area of Madrid. Just be mindful of busy times, like Friday/Saturday night, when it's likely to be packed and you may have to wait some time for a table and then be served by a somewhat frazzled waiter.

The food alone will be worth waiting (not too long though!) - try the 'tomates verdes fritos' and the 'jabalí con ali-oli de miel y sobrasada' (the star of the menu), and practically everything from the 'Tapas BBQ' section. Just writing about it is mouth watering.

There is really not much I can add without repeating what others have already said here. If you find yourself in Madrid and fancy trying some of the best tapas in town in one of its trendies spots, pop in La Musa.

*my original review: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187514-d1089337-r121363876-La_Musa-Madrid.html#REVIEWS

2  Thank xavitat

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We haven't even finished our meal and this is already a 5/5 experience. Wonderful location, great food, friendly staff. Don't miss this place while you are in Madrid.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great ambience, excellent service and most importantly truly unique dining experience. Food quality is of a really high level, the dishes are really quirky and inventive and taste amazing ! Very reasonably priced too. Put La Musa on your 'Madrid to do list' , you won't be disappointed !! I live here and after my first experience here this week, I will be back .. repeatedly :)

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great decoration, great modern tapas and excellent prices. It is very popular among young trendy people od Madrid. Always full but can always wait to get a table having a glass of wine at the bar. Great service. Must go!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Great salad, nice tapas. They have traditional spanish tapas and then some asian themed ones. Empanadas Japonicas = pot stickers. not so amazing. Their California roll was also lack luster - we thought we were ordering some kind of fusion, but it was more like typical grocery store pre-made food. Keep to the spanish dishes and you'll be happy. We were.