TripAdvisor
Madrid
Post
Inbox
Search

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $46.11
from $84.46
from $73.20
from $24.77
More Info
All reviews first night tapas terrific evening great group of people fun guide eating and drinking food culture an excellent guide super fun historical facts bars and restaurants spain knowledge intro euros
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2015

James gave us a fantastic evening visiting places we would never have thought to go to ourselves. Great food and drink and excellent value. It was the best night of our trip and gave us a feel for the real Madrid - highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2015
4  Thank B6393ZUdavids
Reviewed May 2, 2015

Being a solo traveler with limited Spanish, I decided to join this tour as a way to experience the Madrid tapas scene without wandering into bars by myself. This ended up being a night out with new friends! Met James our guide at 2000 and the 7 of us we were off on a short walk around the Puerta del Sol area. It decided to rain but that only added to the fun! All four stops were excellent -- and I truly did embody the "adventerous" side of the tour title. I am not a foodie by any means -- but I was up for anything that James suggested and the group wanted to try. I loved it all! We paired our food selections with cider, wine, beer, and it all was wonderful. Would i do it again? Considering I did this on the first night of my trip to Spain with just a catnap on the plane and a two hour nap that afternoon --and I was out until 0130 -- YES! It was very much worth it, jet lag and all. :)

3  Thank Lrmjun
Reviewed April 30, 2015

We had a great time. All of the food was tasty and the beverages were great. The guide was fun and helpful, even pointing us in the direction of shops to purchase wine we enjoyed and bars near our hotel. Fabulous introduction to tapas and a great way to start our trip.

Reviewed April 30, 2015

We decided to do the tapas tour our first night in Madrid. It was a great way to get to know the city streets and how to order at tapas restaurants. James did a fantastic job of providing some history but focusing mainly on the food. This tour is definitely for foodies as there is no set menu at each restaurant. The guide helps everyone choose dishes and picks restaurants and bars based on the group's preferences. We had a wonderful time and even made some new friends. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Madrid.

1  Thank Marcus_Kay
Reviewed April 30, 2015

We were 9 people plus James and had the most fun night! This is not a stuffy gourmet tour. If you want to sit around discussing wine bouquets dont go. (thought we had some really good wine)We went to a ton of different bars, ate a huge variety of tapas and drank a variety of things! By the end of the night we had bonded and felt sad to say goodbye.In fact, we met up with one of the couples in Barcelona! James provided a ton of great information about how to eat and drink in Spain. Over the next few days we followed his suggestions on a few places to eat and drink and they were spot on. Great evening, highly recommend.

1  Thank css1222