TripAdvisor
Madrid
Post
Inbox
Search

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $45.70
from $84.18
from $111.12
from $40.41
More Info
All reviews first night tapas terrific evening great group of people fun guide eating and drinking spanish culture an excellent guide super fun historical facts bars and restaurants spain knowledge intro euros
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2015

This was our first time in Madrid and the tour gave us an excellent insight into both the city and the culinary delights on offer. The small group size of 10 was ideal, big enough to create a good vibe and atmosphere but small enough to comfortably fit into the Tapas bars.

Danny, our tour guide, was knowledgeable, friendly and funny. He felt more like an extremely hospitable friend than a guide. It was great to experience the diversity of food and ambience in each of the regional based bars and the four hours flew over! We also couldn't believe what good value it was !

We had tried to book on our first night but it was full (we can see why so make sure you book) and although we had already visited the areas of the tour we would never have found the great tapas bars on our own. So it was a great end to our visit and we will definitely do it again and again!

1  Thank SueO340
Reviewed April 27, 2015

I travelled to Madrid to attend a conference. I had one free evening before it all started and decided to join a tapas tour instead of eating at the hotel or sitting in som restaurant all alone. I am very pleased I did, as I had a social and friendly evening, moving around Madrid, tasting interesting local specialities and meeting some friendly people. James did a great job adapting to the interests and preferences of the group. Strongly recommended!

1  Thank Anja A
Reviewed April 26, 2015

We have just had a great night spent with our guide and new friends on the tapas tour ....without Miriam and our adventurous comrades......the fun and delight of seeing and tasting traditional madrid tapas, wines,and not forgetting the Andalusian cider!!......everyone was so enthusiastic....Miriam spent time with each couple throughout the night making sure no one was left out or not catered for.....she even gave us a cheat sheet for future bar visits to help us blend in with the locals.......till we open our mouths anyways !....once again ,I recommend this as a compulsory leg of any madrid stay....

Reviewed April 24, 2015

My friend I and took this tour and it was absolutely amazing. James not only talked about the food, but also the history of Spain in the most fun way. He is an excellent teacher. He was very knowledgeable about different regions of Spain regarding food and also wines. If you are coming to Madrid, this is a MUST.

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I took this tour with another couple from the UK and James was our guide. The tour started on time sand was well organized. Our first bar was traditional and cozy. We were even invited to pour our own cider after receiving a lesson in proper technique from the bar tender. It was a great way to break the ice and start a night of fun. Each bar had its own unique atmosphere which was nice. James shared his knowledge of tapas, drinks, and even tips for keeping your table/spot at a crowded pub. In between bars he shared the history of our surroundings during the walking tour. I felt it was a comfortable pace and was happy to spend our first night in Madrid with James. Thanks for a great experience!