TripAdvisor
Madrid
Post
Inbox
Search

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $45.70
from $84.18
from $111.12
from $40.41
More Info
All reviews first night tapas terrific evening great group of people fun guide eating and drinking spanish culture an excellent guide super fun historical facts bars and restaurants spain knowledge intro euros
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2015

I travelled to Madrid to attend a conference. I had one free evening before it all started and decided to join a tapas tour instead of eating at the hotel or sitting in som restaurant all alone. I am very pleased I did, as I had a social and friendly evening, moving around Madrid, tasting interesting local specialities and meeting some friendly people. James did a great job adapting to the interests and preferences of the group. Strongly recommended!

1  Thank Anja A
Reviewed April 26, 2015

We have just had a great night spent with our guide and new friends on the tapas tour ....without Miriam and our adventurous comrades......the fun and delight of seeing and tasting traditional madrid tapas, wines,and not forgetting the Andalusian cider!!......everyone was so enthusiastic....Miriam spent time with each couple throughout the night making sure no one was left out or not catered for.....she even gave us a cheat sheet for future bar visits to help us blend in with the locals.......till we open our mouths anyways !....once again ,I recommend this as a compulsory leg of any madrid stay....

Reviewed April 24, 2015

My friend I and took this tour and it was absolutely amazing. James not only talked about the food, but also the history of Spain in the most fun way. He is an excellent teacher. He was very knowledgeable about different regions of Spain regarding food and also wines. If you are coming to Madrid, this is a MUST.

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I took this tour with another couple from the UK and James was our guide. The tour started on time sand was well organized. Our first bar was traditional and cozy. We were even invited to pour our own cider after receiving a lesson in proper technique from the bar tender. It was a great way to break the ice and start a night of fun. Each bar had its own unique atmosphere which was nice. James shared his knowledge of tapas, drinks, and even tips for keeping your table/spot at a crowded pub. In between bars he shared the history of our surroundings during the walking tour. I felt it was a comfortable pace and was happy to spend our first night in Madrid with James. Thanks for a great experience!

Reviewed April 22, 2015

When my friend and I decided to go to Spain, i was thrilled at the concept of tapas. While looking at trip advisor the reviews for James were wonderful so i immediately decide to book it.James was easy to book with over the internet,he was super responsive and full of information to share. the night of he took us to 4 wonderful places, shared such interesting facts and honestly got me a bit drunk. He encouraged me to try new things, things i would not order on my own, and i actually enjoyed them! All of these things were big positive points in my book since it was out last night in Madrid. at the end of the night, we as a group decided we wanted to go to another place and have a night cap, James although he had fulfilled his obligation to us, went as far as taking us to an additional location and getting us set up there. What a wonderful way to experience real Madrid! You absolutely must try it!