TripAdvisor
Madrid
Post
Inbox
Search

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $45.70
from $84.18
from $111.12
from $40.41
More Info
All reviews first night tapas terrific evening great group of people fun guide eating and drinking spanish culture an excellent guide super fun historical facts bars and restaurants spain knowledge intro euros
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2015

My wife and I did a tour with James recently and had a great time. His knowledge of Madrid and its food scene was excellent. His choices gave us a broad spectrum of places enjoyed by Madrillenos and not "tourist" stops. The beverages and food were matched perfectly.

We would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

We took this walking tour on the first night of our trip to Madrid. Our guide, James was the perfect host. He emphasized the culture and history of tapas, as well as an engaging, informative walking tour of the area. There were 10 of us taking the tour, and it couldn't have been a better group, very diverse and (especially after a few drinks) quite social. Each person was fun, interesting, and added immensely to the experience. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Madrid looking for a fun and informative way learn and take part in this Spanish culture.

Reviewed March 8, 2015

I really enjoyed the eveming/night thanks to Miriam! Lovely places...lovely drinks...amazing spanish food...and great guide! I really thanks to her...as soon as i will get back in madrid...i will apply again!!

Reviewed March 4, 2015

This tour is good for everyone, even people who have had tapas before like myself because I was able to learn about the history of tapas and what region certain dishes come from.

The price is very good. We visited three restaurants and one bar at the end and had more than enough to eat and drink. The first place is included in the start price and the rest the bill is split evenly (with the size of the group this isn't too much).

Our tour guide (Irish-Spanish Daniel) was very good. He had lots of knowledge and made sure everyone was happy at all times. Also the group we had was excellent. We met people from all around the world and everyone got involved.

This is a must do for anyone who wants to learn about Spanish culture while eating good food and being sociable.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

My husband and I visited Madrid last summer with another couple and decided to give this a try. What a great night we had! We met people from all over the world - couples and single travellers and James was 100% the host with the most. Couldn't fault the tour - we saw parts of the city we would never have found on our own. You MUST try absolutely everything - nothing ventured, and all that. Would highly recommend anyone try this. We would do it again if returning to Madrid. Great food, drinks and company!

Date of experience: June 2014