“A wonderful New Year's Eve!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pacheca

La Pacheca
Ranked #6,846 of 10,526 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Corral de la Pacheca offers a wonderful selection of the purest, sincere and authentic Spanish dance. The beauty of its Castilian architecture, its huge range of facilities and the quality and prestige of the artists undoubtedly make this restaurant one of the most important in Spain. It currently offers visitors a unique live show of dancing and singing. Naturally, the food is unequivocally Spanish. Suggestions from the menu include dishes such as fried fish ?a la andaluza?, lobster and rice chowder, or Galician entrecote.
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A wonderful New Year's Eve!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent New Year's Eve here and will never forget the experience. The staff were extremely friendly and you could not fault the service. We have not been to a flamenco show before so we have nothing to compare it to. However we all really enjoyed it. It was a wonderful evening.

• Visited December 2012

Ajijic, Mexico
“Not your best choice for flamenco.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you're looking for a quality flamenco show, I recommend you look elsewhere. Both the venue and the show itself were very disappointing. As to the tired looking venue: the stage lighting was poor, and when the waiters weren't still serving dinner (moving among the tables and clattering plates) they were talking loudly among themselves. Whereas at another venue in Spain, management had requested no photos except in the last few minutes of the show, in this venue, with no management guidance, tourists-behaving-badly were widely in evidence. Cameras were flashing and bright view-finder screens from both cameras and iPads were held high throughout. As to the performers, I have never seen such a unstructured mess of a show. Whereas traditionally shows start with the music and let the drama build, this show started with its two young featured male dancers. one of them in particular was strong on foot work, but exhibited was was virtually a total lack of artistry above the waist. (Made me think of an asterisk in a frenzy.). The musicianship overall was completely mediocre. In all seriousness, I've heard better musicians in the streets and metro of Madrid. (Maybe this is why the guitarist never had a moment in the show when he was featured.). And a note about costuming, which is an important part of a flamenco show: the ladies were dressed as one would expect, but the young guys? Street-wear-type suit jackets (which bunch-up as they dance), do not in my opinion, "make it" as a flamenco costume, nor does a tails-out shirt.
I cannot comment on the food served as I did not eat dinner, choosing to pay the cover for the show, 30 Euros, which included one drink,

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank msalexg
Barcelona
“Corral de la Pacheca is a scam for tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Expensive, poor quality, lousy service, poor food, crappy show, all musty and outdated. Not recommended at all.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Mark M
Tel Aviv
“Skeptic at first…fascinated later.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Probably all Flamenco clubs would be touristic. It’s not diff in this case. BUT…and this is a big but…
We were very skeptic about the food, about the experience…about the place. It didn’t look like the right neighborhood for Flamenco .
We came with 2 kids (aged 7 and 10) to the 2230 show and were sat it a good table. Since we arrived early we tasted 2 dishes (stake and Salmon) that were OK. Good but not the reason to come back.
And then the show started. IT WAS MAGICAL. We could not take our eyes off the dancers and had many exciting and moving moments. Sometimes are can excite. That was one of these moments for me and my spouse.
Get over the skepticism, do yourself a favor and do not give up this experience.

• Visited August 2011
Surrey
“Fantastic food and entertainment - unforgettable romantic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I took my husband here for his birthday and had heard good reviews. We were given the best table in the house, the waiters really did wait on us hand and foot - even bringing a table for my handbag, replenishing our glasses discreetly from the ice bucket.

We were in raptures for the entirety of the meal. My husband chose the peppers stuffed with shelfish to start which came in a delicious tomato/pepper broth. I had the tuna belly and lettice hearts. The real star was the steak - it officially is the finest fillet I have ever had to date, and I have sampled a fair few.

We finished eating shortly before the show started and were entranced for the next hour by the soulful singing, spanish guitar and climatic elegant and passionate dancing.

It's probably best to get a taxi to this restaurant as it is a little bit of the beaten track in a more residential area but with all the little bars nearby it feels so much authentically Spanish than anywhere else we eat during our stay.

Be warned though we had one bottle of wine and two courses each and it came to close to 200 Euros - however I felt it was worth every penny. Also it was nice and easy to book online - which half the restaurants I tried in Madrid wouldn't do.

• Visited July 2011