“WOW”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Where2gon...
Brisbane, Australia
“WOW”
Reviewed October 28, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Where do I start. Firstly as mentioned in many previous reviews Marisa and Manuel are very gracious hosts. Their warm introduction to the apartment, the provisions provided, quality of everything in the unit, all was exceptional. The biggest problem we had is the apartment is no nice you want to spend more time there than exploring fantastic Madrid.
The apartments sits on the first level over a local bar. It's more of a locals catch for a quick coffee or drink so no issues at all with noise. It's 100m to the Opera House and 200m to the Royal Palace. One of my main rules when we travel is that from where we stay you walk out the front door and you are immediately in the middle of everything. No wasted time or money on taxis or buses etc. You will not be dissapoined here.
No point me raving on anymore but if you try it I'm sure you will love it as much as we did.

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you, Gavin and Cheryl for your very kind comment. We are more than delighted to having contributed to a pleasant stay in our beautiful city and it has been our pleasure to meet you. We wish to receive you again soon.
jimgiz
“Mr.”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This was an amazing place. The hosts were gracious and extremely helpful and available. It was very well appointed with all of the amenities that one could think of. It has been recently remodeled and it appears as if no costs were spared to make this a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. The location was perfect, near restaurants and the metro. I highly recommend this rental.

Oct 2, 2017
Thank you very much, Jim and Jane for your kind review. We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay in Madrid and you have been so comfortable at our apartment. For us it has been a great pleasure meeting you both and we would like to receive you again soon. Marisa and Manuel
James T
“A Madrid Haven”
Reviewed September 24, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Do not miss this wonderful oasis in the heart of Madrid. We thought we had found the right place but oh my gosh, this is way more than we expected! A beautiful apartment that is near so many of the city's great sites. Our hosts were amazing and so attentive. The apartment is so well stocked and appointed that it completely felt like home. Do not miss this treasurer of Mafrid!

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you Jim and Eileen. We really love the opportunity to meet people all over the world that visit us and to contribute to their happiness. It has been a great pleasure to meet you and we hope see you as soon as possible.
Sam L
Chautauqua County, New York
“Advertised as GREAT! and it is Better than that. Just Wonderful”
Reviewed September 21, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Better than advertised, REALLY!
We selected this fine apartment from the pictures, words and location near Opera and Palace. Everything was superb. The apartment features are truly fine and far better than you would expect for a rental apartment. Every fluffy towel, every advanced Bosch appliance make this a delight to live in. Only 1 flight up and if you want an elevator to help your luggage but we walked. Fabulous true American Kingsize bed. Every kitchen and bath room item is provided including freshly laundered and sealed bath robes in 3 sizes. Jose Manuel and Marisa are wonderful, caring hosts and will greet you and explain all. The big flat screen LG TV even plays CNN which is not always true in Spain as we are now finding at our fancy apartment in Sevilla. Nancy and I can't say enough. They provided so much. We were so thrilled that we left them a gift bottle of good Rioja Tinto from the nearby Corte Inglex Gourmet experience which you should visit.

Sep 24, 2017
Thank you very much Sam and Nancy for your kindness and generosity. It has been a pleasure to have met you both and we are more than happy to know you have enjoyed your stay. For us this is really a gift and we hope to have the opportunity to receive you again. Come soon. Marisa and Manuel
Francisco...
“Incredible Apartment”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My wife and I do a bit of traveling and have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and I have to say that this apartment toped it all. It was beautifully appointed, latest technology in audio, video, heating & air-conditioning, privacy screens, etc. All the materials in the bathroom, bedroom and kitchen are of top quality. The owners have thought of it all. The location is nothing short of perfect. Not only do I recommend it, we plan on coming back.

thank you Marissa for making our 1 week stay in Madrid memorable!

frank and ana

Jul 27, 2017
Thank you very much Frank and Ana for your kind review. It has been a great pleasure to have met you; we love every minute we talk with our guests and we are very grateful for having known that you have enjoyed our apartment. We only wish to receive you again soon. Thanks a lot. Marisa and Manuel
mikeoecas
San Francisco, California
“Charming Modern Flat in a Great Part of Town”
Reviewed July 17, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I can't say enough about how pleasant a stay I had at the Ilaia Madrid apartment. To start Marisa y Manuel were so nice and willing to help with anything that I needed. After a ten hour delay on my flight they were there with open arms to meet me at the door and make sure I was comfortable in the space. They even had a gift basket full of charcuterie and goodies to welcome me. I only saw them that night but they checked in throughout the week to make sure I was comfortable and to see if I needed anything. You will not find better people from whom to rent.

As for the apartment, it was superb. I work in high end construction and they have the best of the best when it comes to appliances and finishes. They layout was well thought out and the space is extremely well utilized. Whether having a siesta on the chase lounge or sleeping in on the incredibly cozy bed (with your choice of three comforters!) with the shades drawn you are sure to be comfortable here. The bathroom is done in a beautiful plaster with recessed LED lighting and a rain and wall shower that is NOT easy to leave. After walking Madrid on the 100+ degree summer days it is quite a reprieve to walk into the perfectly air conditioned space and have a long rain shower to cool down.

As for the location you couldn't ask for much more. It is actually on a quiet little street but if you walk a block in any direction and you are right in the middle of the busy Madrid city. If you take a left out of the apartment you will wind up at Plaza de Oriente right in front of el Palacio. If you take a right you will be at plaza de Isabel (opera/ teatro) full of restaurants and cafes. Every attraction in the city is within a 25 minute walk from the apartment, while most are within a 10 minute walk. Literally the only times I was in a cab were to and from the airport and I saw every corner of the city.

I seldom write reviews but few places stand out as much as this apartment did. It felt like the comforts of home a few thousand miles away. I will recommend it to all of my family and friends travelling to Madrid.

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks a lot, Michael, for your lovely review. We appreciate very much your kindness and we are really happy to know that you have been comfortable during your stay and we have in any way helped to it. Those days were really hot in Madrid and it is a satisfaction to know that everything in the apartment could rise to the challenge. We hope to have the occasion to meet you again. Thank you very much.
Franschho...
Franschhoek, South Africa
“Fantastic Madrid stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Jose and Marisa's apartment is superb. Everything is of a very high quality and you could not ask for better hosts with the welcome, introduction and communications leading up to and throughout my stay all top notch. I can highly recommend a stay.

Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot, Andrew.
One of the things we value most when we book our apartment is to have the sense that people is being happy and we really try to do our best to achieve it. It has been a great pleasure to know that you have been so well and you have enjoyed your stay.
Dealing with you has been a huge delight.
We only hope to see you soon.
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing