“Good quality fish”
Review of Miyama

Miyama
Reserve with
Miyama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 12,361 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed November 5, 2016

I tried this restaurant some years ago and I was very pleased. Therefore it was obvious that we wanted to try it once more. We started off with sashimi then we had a selection of nigiris and maki rolls. The sashimi was amazing! The quality of the fish was very good. However, I missed the ponzu sauce. The nigirs were also very good. Nice pieces of fish and the rice were nicely cooked. The maki rolls were of varying quality. They tried to be innovative and it just did not work for all the rolls. Who wants curry on the tempura shrimp maki? It all tasted like curry! Still, their spicy tuna maki was amazing with a lovely spicy mayonnaise on the side. The service was good, the staff were fast and friendly. Still the scenery of the restaurant was only okay. A little bit old fashioned and it felt like a “cheaper” restaurant. It is more of a lunch place than a fancy dinner place in my opinion.

1  Thank N0rwegianGirl

Reviewed September 25, 2016

i'm there every 2nd week almost. this is a great restaurant, located in the city center and has a very nice environment, service. the food is amazing, one of the best jap restaurants in town. prices are really good and I would reccommend to go there if you like japanees food.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

The food is excellent. Great flavours, high quality and well prepared. The tuna tartar (recommended rightly by many) is particularly good.
The service is good, though a little manic: the lack of elegance of the waiting staff strikes a contrast with the elegance of the restaurant itself, whipping plates away and almost throwing clean ones in front of you like there was no tomorrow. (Incidentally I observed one of the waiters drinking water from a bottle in a corner of the main room which didn't particularly impress me and detracted from the impression of high class they clearly try to give).
There was one small minor detail: we were "upsold" a starter - the waiter recommended a dish not on the main menu, but he did not mention the price. I don't mind spending money, but if you're offering something the customer can't see the details of, you MUST provide them. We had to ask, and accepted the proposal. A 22 euro tempura which frankly wasn't worth the price.
It IS a little expensive (expect upwards of around 45 euro per person), but the quality does make it a good Japanese experience.
Having said that, I doubt I would return or rave about it to anyone..

1  Thank madsimpson
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

The food was very good overall. The tuna tartar especially. The mixed tempura (at 16 EUR) only comes with 2 tempura langostines and since we were 4 our waiter kindly recommended that we order the off-menu langostine tempura that comes with 4 langostines. We agreed but had to ask the price. At 22EUR, I think it's overpriced... But it was good. It should have been exceptional for 22EUR. We dined with dessert and some drinks for 46 EUR per person.

1  Thank snoopydooper
Reviewed July 15, 2016

This is a Sushi place I used to visit often when I lived in Madrid. The food is very good and the presentation is beautiful. But the price will be pretty high.

I still think the but place is worth the price. If you are around, give this place a try!

1  Thank SpainNYHollywood