“Delicious tapas”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Latina
Description: The Camarilla and La Colchoneria de la Camarilla, located in central Madrid offer a special environment in which to share a pleasant evening. A shaped by international specialties and premium products in three formats ideal for sharing with family and friends or enjoy menu.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Went here with my family & the waiter brought us out a selection of various tapas dishes, very well presented & tasty. A little bit on the expensive side but to be expected on this streets & not too unreasonable given the quality of the food & service.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I'm in Madrid, in the heart of Spain with no ocean nearby so the title of my review has even surprised me as I shouldn't be saying I've had the best fish ever when I'm not overlooking the sea...but I cannot lie I have. After getting lost and found and lost again looking for the Cava Baja street in Madrid I was starving and my patience to find the perfect dining spot was wearing thin. I have a tendancy to read way too many restaurant reviews and then forget some of the places I've read about so when I stumbled upon La Camarilla it struck a cord with me but I couldn't remember if it was for positive or negative reasons. I went with my gut and ventured inside. You can choose to dine in the restaurant or the bar area...both have a good atmosphere, very chilled and relaxed. Now onto the great part the food...I had a mixed salad to begin which was delicious but the main course left my mouth watering....I ordered the fish of the day which happened to be a fillet of cod. I wasn't expecting to be blown away as for me cod is cod a pretty standard piece of fish but to say that this fillet melted in my mouth is an understatement - it was literally the best fish I've ever tasted and it has now set a really high benchmark in my mind and I've eaten a lot of fish in my time. Just wow! The last thing I want to mention is the level of service I received, the waiter was so helpful and took time, care and attention in describing the menu to me and making excellent recommendations. I will definitely return to La Camarilla the next time I visit Madrid.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We entered this restaurant already at 8 p.m., really early for Madrid, but we where starving. Nice servants and delicious food. We're only 3 days in Madrid, but maybe we'll go again.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

La Camarilla was the second stop on our Tapas Tour - the food was very bread heavy but they had a lot of nice looking options. We opted to try three different tapas and some red wine. All ranked on the average side of taste and presentation. We were the only people in the entire place at 8:30pm (early to eat for Spain standards I guess), but we were really hungry. Ambiance is nice, warm and inviting.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This restaurant was recommended in the 2010 Time Out Guide to Madrid but we'd slowly realised like several other recommendations in the book, the author's views didn't quite add up! The bar is lively with pick your own Tapas on the bar and is worthy of a stop on Cava Baja to mix with a cool crowd and have a light snack.

Don't bother with the restaurant. Limited menu, average food served in a basic style and lacking personality.