“Fun time and good tapas”
Review of Taberna Malaspina

Taberna Malaspina
Ranked #153 of 10,784 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Rochester, New York
“Fun time and good tapas”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We sought out Malaspina based on TA reviews, and were not disappointed. In spite of the crowd, we were able to get a table and we ordered the tapas sampler platter and the grilled vegetables. I've never had so many different types of ham on my plate at once in my life! It wasn't memorable, but it was good, and it was fun to be part of a crowd that was clearly enjoying itself! Good food, good wine, and good people watching!

2 Thank Richard S

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Great value, tasty tapas and generous portions!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have visited this place several times now whilst living in Madrid and it is great for a quick tapas or drinks with friends! Tucked away in Sol (up the street where Topshop is), friendly staff, huge portions, fresh and good quality food and excellent Sangria (you can get a "jarra" (jug) which is huge for just 10 euros) - more than enough for 5 people sharing!

The bill is always cheap, I never pay more than 10 euros (when splitting the bill with friends) for shared tapas and sangria! Love this little find, highly recommend!

“Great value”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The tapas here are huge. We had the croquettes (an order includes 8) and the malaspina (huge slice of bread with tomato spread topped with a ton of ham and cheese). These two were enough for my wife and I. We also saw potatoes bravas- largest serving I have ever seen. The food was really good, we just wish we got to try more of it. These tapas are probably best when shared by 4 to make it a true tapas meal. The sangria was ok-large pitcher but very week. All in all, a good meal with great value-whole bill was less than 25 euros.

• Visited August 2013
Miami Beach, FL
“Great atmosphere and value!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Solo traveller, came here for dinner tonight. I was made so welcome, my waiter could not have been more attentive. I had a plate of ham which was delicious and papas bravas mixed with apapas with garlic sauce. Huge portions. Three glasses of the house wine and the billl was around 15 euros. Oh and an after dinner drink on the house. I'll be back, this was a recommendation from my hotel, Hostal Madrid, and I'm happy they told me about it.

1 Thank SueRyan
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place and food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is really good. Young people. Good food and Very good service. I will visit that place again.