“A Truly Exceptional Meal.”
Review of El Club Allard

El Club Allard
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 10,684 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: European, Spanish, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Arguelles
Spain
“A Truly Exceptional Meal.”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Every dish was a new experience - well explained by our very serious waiter - and so delicious that we keep looking at our menu to re-live it! We chose the "Seduction" menu and as each plate was filled with beautiful food that tasted sublime, but small portions, we did not find it overwhelming.

We were there for the food and were very happy with that part of the experience. However I have to say that we found the decor of the dining room rather cold (it is located in a magnificent old building and has very high ceilings) and the serving staff seemed rather cold as well - which in Spain is somewhat unusual. It would have been nice to see the chef because we left with a feeling that the staff were not really enjoying what they were doing, which is a shame - because they are giving us truly delicious food and should be proud and happy to do so.

1 Thank casden8

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Oslo
“Amazing like a fairytale!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

it was my first time at El Club Allard and it won`t be the last. The food how can I write?? It was like a dream, like a fairytale on the plates. Everything was tasty and elegant decor. The wine list is so impressive! The staff was professional and they know what they do! I can recommend this place. Go there and try the great food you won`t be disappointed!

1 Thank MarcelOslo
Melbourne, Australia
“A 'must' dining experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Like other reviewers, we had a few issues finding the restaurant as there are no signs and we had to buzz the doorbell for entrance. Once inside, it looked rather fancy and intimating however the staff were super welcoming and made us feel very comfortable.
We had the rendezvous menu and it was more than enough for us. The food was AMAZING, I loved the quirkiness of the menu, not only did the dishes look stunning, the flavours and textures balanced really well. The fish was cooked beautifully however it was my least favour dish as I don't like grouper (it would have been nice if the menu specified what type of fish and meats they were cooking).
At the end of our meal the chef came out to greet us, which I thought was a very nice personally touch.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Madrid!

London, UK
“Style over substance”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I really debated what overall rating to give as I had mixed feelings over El Club Allard. I have been to a few Michelin 1* restaurants before, this was my first 2* experience so my expectations were high, especially given the #1 rating on TA.

The presentation of each dish (we had the Rendezvous menu) was stunning, edible works of art - in particular the "fishbowl" dessert. But the intensity of taste that I was hoping for to match the beautiful presentation wasn't there in every dish. For example, the edible menu card looked great and was a novelty, but it didn't actually taste of much (hence the need for the dipping sauce). I feel bad saying that I was disappointed, as the dining room was beautiful and the serving staff friendly, professional and efficient.

Thanks to other TA reviews, I knew that there was no sign outside the restaurant. Look for the building number (looks like a private apartment building), and once you go into the lobby, you'll see a plaque for the restaurant. We arrived for the first sitting just as the doors opened, and there was someone to direct us from the lobby area.

Please rate if you found this review useful :)

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank jytraveller
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Wow! Amazing dining experience!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We read the reviews and booked a table a few weeks before our trip to Madrid, but still weren't prepared for the experience at El Club Allard. Just finding the place is a bit of an experience. We arrived a bit early and walked around the block looking for a sign, but couldn't find one. Eventually, we ran into another couple who were also looking for the restaurant and were greeted by a host.

The meal itself was one surprise after another. From the menu itself, through the appetizers, entrees and desserts, everything was presented as a work of art. Every dish was interesting and some were just incredible. The servers were the most expert servers we'd ever encountered at a restaurant. They were excellent at explaining the dishes and made the service seem effortless - definitely enhancing the overall experience.

While this was probably one of the more expensive restaurants we've had the good fortune to dine at, it was probably also the most memorable. If you go, you're in store for quite a treat!

• Visited April 2014