“A great restaurant with an out of this world bathroom!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Club Allard

El Club Allard
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 10,522 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Arguelles
“A great restaurant with an out of this world bathroom!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We came here for lunch during a stay in Madrid and had an amazing meal. There was a great deal of attention to detail and service was amazing. They started with an edible menu which was interesting but I wouldn't say the taste of it was anything to write home about. I swear they told us it was edible!
We chose the Seduction menu which did not disappoint. Every dish was small piece of art and as much fun to look at as it was to eat.
On a different note, the place has a very classy, vintage theme as you walk into the dining area but what caught us off guard was their post modern bathroom. It has a door that looks as thick as a vault's and the restroom was really polished, with a futuristic look to it. Just a side thought that has nothing to do with the food but an interesting quirk about this venue.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jacobasc

• Korean first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Memorable!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

After reading the impressive reviews we booked for lunch on a Friday, and we were not disappointed at all. It was more than just a lunch, but an incredible culinary experience that lasted nearly 3h (we went for the Revolution Menu). Starting with the menu... that you can later dip and eat in a delicious sauce, you feel that your senses are challenged with every dish (and they were 15 in total). The 3 desserts (egg, fish bowl and strawberry gin tonic) were simply outstanding. Staff in very knowledgeable and efficient. Price was definitely not cheap (245 euros for 2 people with a glass of wine each, and a bottle of water), but for the quality and experience you get, I believe it's worth every cent. We will go back for sure.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JOSE MANUEL A
Bogota, Colombia
“heaven”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is easily one of the best culinary experiences in my life. From the moment you walk in there is a feeling of something grand is about to happen. The service is perfect, every single waiter is extremely knowledgeable about every single dish that is being served. It is expensive but i would always try to go whenever I'm in Madrid.

• Visited November 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“WOW! WOW! WOW!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

El Club Allard is gourmet dinning at its very best. The tasting menu was a veritable parade of delicacies, most excellent and others even better than that.

My preference not to eat fish or crustaceans was informed by me at the restaurant, when my order was taken, not previously, yet my preference was fully accommodated in what I was served, and at the end of our meal I was given a printed menu reflecting exactly what I had been served, not what was served to everybody else who ordered the same tasting menu but did not have the same preference as I. Very impressive.

Service was very good, but some minor details can be improved, such as offering more wine and / or water when my cup was empty. Twice I had to ask for more because it was not offered to me.

In summary I fully recommend El Club Allard to those who want and appreciate a truly sophisticated gourmet dinning experience.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Can it get any better anywhere?”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

You know you are in for a superlative dining experience with the welcome you receive on entering this restaurant and any lingering doubts about the event to unfold are dispelled when your waitor using tweezers inserts your menu on the setting on the table which you are shortly after encouraged to then eat!

Don't make the mistake that this is some sort of left field experimental dining but rather an extraordinary high end journey with each dish continuing to leave you gobsmacked. It just gets better and better with an extraordinary desert (s) finale.

Too much detail will ruin the experience for you although it is suffice to say my wife and I left pondering whether we had ever eaten a better meal ( and we have had the privilege at eating at more than six 3 Michellin star and a dozen or so other starred restaurants).

This restaurant needs to be on the the "must do" list in Madrid and certainly deserving of a third star.

On cost, it is not cheap nor ridiculous and for me one of the most pleasing aspects were the varied pricing on the wine list from 25 euros and upwards. A refreshing change from those establishments who seem to want to compete with eath other on having the most complex and unaffordable lists!

If I had one criticism it would be that although the service met and exceeded every other expectation, I was surprised the table napkins were neither replaced nor re folded at any point including when my wife and I left the table together for the bathroom.

Finally don't make the mistake of arriving too early. The restaurant opens at 9.00 pm and we arrived at 9.15pm and were the first with other diners continuing to arrive until around 11.00pm. The meal for us and again we were the first to leave finished just after midnight.

• Visited November 2013