“WOW! WOW! WOW!”
Review of El Club Allard

El Club Allard
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 12,166 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arguelles
Reviewed December 4, 2013

El Club Allard is gourmet dinning at its very best. The tasting menu was a veritable parade of delicacies, most excellent and others even better than that.

My preference not to eat fish or crustaceans was informed by me at the restaurant, when my order was taken, not previously, yet my preference was fully accommodated in what I was served, and at the end of our meal I was given a printed menu reflecting exactly what I had been served, not what was served to everybody else who ordered the same tasting menu but did not have the same preference as I. Very impressive.

Service was very good, but some minor details can be improved, such as offering more wine and / or water when my cup was empty. Twice I had to ask for more because it was not offered to me.

In summary I fully recommend El Club Allard to those who want and appreciate a truly sophisticated gourmet dinning experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

You know you are in for a superlative dining experience with the welcome you receive on entering this restaurant and any lingering doubts about the event to unfold are dispelled when your waitor using tweezers inserts your menu on the setting on the table which you are shortly after encouraged to then eat!

Don't make the mistake that this is some sort of left field experimental dining but rather an extraordinary high end journey with each dish continuing to leave you gobsmacked. It just gets better and better with an extraordinary desert (s) finale.

Too much detail will ruin the experience for you although it is suffice to say my wife and I left pondering whether we had ever eaten a better meal ( and we have had the privilege at eating at more than six 3 Michellin star and a dozen or so other starred restaurants).

This restaurant needs to be on the the "must do" list in Madrid and certainly deserving of a third star.

On cost, it is not cheap nor ridiculous and for me one of the most pleasing aspects were the varied pricing on the wine list from 25 euros and upwards. A refreshing change from those establishments who seem to want to compete with eath other on having the most complex and unaffordable lists!

If I had one criticism it would be that although the service met and exceeded every other expectation, I was surprised the table napkins were neither replaced nor re folded at any point including when my wife and I left the table together for the bathroom.

Finally don't make the mistake of arriving too early. The restaurant opens at 9.00 pm and we arrived at 9.15pm and were the first with other diners continuing to arrive until around 11.00pm. The meal for us and again we were the first to leave finished just after midnight.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Enjoyed our experience at this restaurant on 14th November. Our waiters looked after us superbly from start to finish. Best gin and tonic I ever had. We booked it well in advance as my wife has coeliac disease and cannot eat wheat, barley or oat gluten. When we arrived they were completely ready for us making 3 types of gluten free bread as well as everything else gluten free. Most restaurants would try to simplify this kind of meal so that it was easy for them but not the Club Allard. The attention to detail on every course was excellent. We had the Seduction menu. As expected in such a style of menu there were some parts that were not something we would have chosen again but this in no way detracted from the experience or quality. Our bill was around 300 euro and it was worth every bit. Congratulations to your team in both the kitchen and front of house. We really enjoyed the evening and the effort to perform as highly for a coeliac person as everyone else in the restaurant was the best we have experienced. Our main waiter made our time special. Thank you to everyone.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

quality inventive food , some dishes more suited to my palate than others , stand out soft shell crab and yellow fin tuna but for me the signature dish of egg with potato was without doubt my favorite .
The room is very pleasant and the discreet entrance has its own charm .
Very good service from a young team , nit picking the wine list could be a bit better .

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had high hopes for the #1 TA rated restaurant in Madrid, particularly after we had one of the best meals we had ever experienced the night before in Barcelona at Restaurant Montiel. Unfortunately as much as we wanted it to be phenomenal, it was not. The service was extraordinary and the setting is very elegant. But the food just did not cut it on the evening of our visit. In an interesting start you are given the the three tasting menu selections on a potato based card that you can dip in a mayo sauce. Well it is different, but does it taste good? No not really! The second serving was a small biscuit with a 1/4 inch thick slab of butter. I ate it and wow it tasted like a slab of butter! Hmm if this is the haute cuisine then I guess I need to get use to eating slabs of butter or perhaps I just don't have a clue about haute cuisine!! I assume the chef experiments with each meal and perhaps sometimes you just miss the mark. Unfortunately we just found that one dish after another the flavors presented were not married but in fact clashed. This was apparent as we looked around the room and saw the puzzled look on many of the patrons faces the night of our visit. The desserts were interesting but in my opinion they were not great. Many people have very much enjoyed Club Allard so I will assume that it was an off night for the chef, but in our opinion Nemo was not found on the evening of our visit!!

1  Thank Ray M