“Don't come here without reservation!”
Review of El Club Allard

El Club Allard
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 11,305 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arguelles
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Come here based on Tripadvisor recommendations. It was not easy to find it, nothing is about restaurant in the building on the second floor, you should enter the door on the corner of 2 streets and go to the second floor, and turn right.
There was nothing about reservation and when I come they told me that there's no free seats first, then another waiter told me that kitchen is closed and they can't serve me, bla-bla-bla...
It was very strange because restaurant was half full and I see a lot of free seats and I come here just for coffee and desert. But only one of 4 waiters was speaking/understanding more-less English, which is trend in Madrid and Spain.
Left this place without my desert and dissatisfied!

8  Thank Vereshchagin

Reviewed January 19, 2013

El Club Allard is located in a grand turn of the century building which is located next to Plaza Espana. There is nothing on the exterior of this building to indicate that the restaurant is within this building. Look for the number 2 above the door. The doorman will direct you to the restaurant located on the second floor. This is a very formal restaurant. I went for lunch and the some patrons were casually dressed. Most of the male patrons wore a coat and tie.

Diego Guerrero of el Club Allard is one of the few chefs on the planet that can combine seemingly random ingredients in a coherent way. His menu is a feast for nearly all the senses. Each dish is a work of art. Some delicate. Some whimsical. Some are just over the top. All are a feast for the eyes. The subtle and yet sometimes startling combinations of taste and textures was thrilling in one dish but left me confused in another. Such is the risk of cutting edge cuisine. Diego Guerrero is a maestro of the culinary arts. Eating here is a memorable event.

Fourteen courses, six different wines and a digestif. Lunch from 13h30 to 16H15. What a way to spend an afternoon.

1  Thank hardric
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate here on Dec 21, and all 6 of us felt that we HAD died and gone to heaven!! We were very late to our reservation, (we werent able to get a cab) still they took us in. The service was excellent and the food incredible. It was my childrens first time at a resaurant like this and an experience they will never forget!

1  Thank suka95
Reviewed January 11, 2013

veru posh.
Hard to find the place as its not signed posted. its on the corner of a building , then up the stairs.
So much food with 12 courses. i was stuffed!!
Great services, couldn't ask for better.

2  Thank Raegan C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I liked some of the dishes others were poorly combined. Tastes that didn't go together. The display was excellent. Loved the Edible name card! Service was excellent!

3  Thank RRSamper