“Great value for money”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Logrono
Burgos, Spain
“Great value for money”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent location on river and at edge of old part of city. About 25 minute walk from station. Room was very spacious and clean. Staff spoke some English and were helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judy_JacksOn2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last week for two nights. Easy hotel to find and on arrival we were greeted by a male receptionist who I have to say was an extremely rude individual. I work in the industry and manage a hotel and I was appalled with the greeting we received. The individual was training a female member of staff at the time and I could see she was embarrassed by his behaviour. I hope this individual changes his attitude as he really clouded our first impressions of the hotel.

While Spanish is not our first language his customer service skills were nil and spoke to us like we were an extreme convenience!! However rooms were of a good standard and breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed the hotels location and the park adjacent to the hotel was great for walks etc.

All in all. a good hotel but a friendlier welcome is needed!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wandered in here and booked a room at the reception desk having walked for over a week on the Camino, finishing here in Logrono and needing a private room, ideally with a bath. It was the first hotel I saw after crossing the bridge. I was checked in speedily and efficiently. I had a single room so it was quite small, but I had a bath to help my aching muscles! Good value for money and very close to the city centre and all it has to offer such as great cafes, bars and the historic Cathedral and churches. Extremely friendly and helpful reception staff. When I recommence my Camino from Logrono next year, I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very clean and modern hotel.
It is hit and miss if you get a view out of your window.
We stayed in this hotel a couple of times, it has car parking which is an adventure but good.
We had a problem with our room smelling of smoke and it was changed no problem.
It is a ten minute walk into the squares but pleasant walk.
I think it is a little expensive for what it is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you find yourself in Logrono (should you be so lucky), I'd recommend booking at room at F&G Logrono.

It is certainly the most modern and comfortable hotel that we stayed in during our two week trip through Spain. The pictures on the hotel's website actually accurately reflect the building and rooms. The air conditioning also ACTUALLY WORKS and works well, which was a rare thing in our experience.

The location of the hotel is idea - it is right next to the river, but only a short (5-10 minute) walk to Calle Laurel, where all the best pinxto bars are.

The hotel staff was very helpful, calling bodegas to accommodate tours for us and giving us other recommendations on what to see in the area (the walled city of Laguardia is definitely worthwhile, by the way).

All in all, this was a GREAT place to stay. My only regret was that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jclarkperry
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A very comfortable and friendly hotel just a short walk from the City centre.

Logrono is full of historic and architectural interest and of course well known for great tapas along El Laurel and surrounding roads. Pick up a special El Laurel tapas guide at the hotel or the Tourist Information centre.

A good base for touring la Rioja region.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located at a 10 minute walk from the city's main Catheral. Great to walk and move around, but difficult to park. Rooms need some improvements, seemed a bit dated. Common area is pleasant. Staff could be more helpful and nicer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple