“Gib Holiday”

Le Bateau
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our funky French bistro style restaurant, is located on the water front of Queensway Quay, where you can sit inside or out and while away the hours and watch the sun set over a fantastic meal and great wine.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Le Bateau is situated on the edge of a marina. Lovely setting for breakfast and evening meal. We visited on several occasions and enjoyed good service and excellent food. The Lobster Thermidor was delightful and even more pleasing was the fact that the chef and staff understood and catered for someone who needed to follow a gluten free diet.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's not often I get to have lunch with my wife & kids during the week as business commitments rarely allow me. We were therefore keen to make the best of this rare opportunity, so our choice was important!

After reading so many positive reviews we decided to give it a try, and I must say we've been pleasantly surprised!

For once the service, attentive and unobtrusive, matched the quality of the produce. if there's anything I can 'criticise' are the portions served!!! Beware, this restaurant does not skimp on the quantities served and at the same time delivers in quality.

The desserts on offer are not to be missed, with its selection making it very hard to choose.

I'm planning to return soon, this time with just my wife :)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have a yacht in Queensway Quay Marina, so it is lovely to be able to just go onto the quayside, sit in nice relaxed, picturesque surroundings with a friendly service and good food and only have a few steps back home, instead of having to walk the length of Gibraltar.
The restaurant is relatively new and has 'French Cuisine' and as 'Ipanema' is another favourite of ours and is run by Danny also, we thought we must give it a try.
Lucky we did as we now have our restaurant for French cuisine, especially the delicious 'Rack of Lamb' on our doorstep.
Danny and Tony are really helpful and take note of any suggestions or concerns that you may raise or even ask you for your comments.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

once again my wife and I have eaten here what a meal as we are both veggies it is hard in Gibraltar to find fresh cooked veggie meals no problem here we phone the day before tell tony or danny we are coming and just like magic is a meal fit for a king also all my friends that have gone there have thanked me for telling them the other most important thing is the great staff all the girls are great and you are not kept waiting keep this up tony because with food and service like this you will not go wrong p butcher

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

A very nice difference in cuisine for the usual Gibraltar dining. Very nice good, with a fantastic authentic range of French cuisine. Would come here again. !