Rock Hotel Gibraltar
$147
$116
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$127
$123
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$55
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$63
$57
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$80
$69
AC Hotels
$48
Governor's Inn(Gibraltar)
TripAdvisor
2,134 results
All reviewswisteria terracesteep hilliconic hotelbotanical gardenscable carart decolovely hotelfourth floorpublic areaslounge areareception staffhotel poolbalcony doorview from the balconyfantastic viewstown centrebus stop
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Free bus from airport to front door
Checked in with glass of port and mince pie- lovely touch
Room ok - bed very comfy- think it was new -bathroom needed refurb but clean -fantastic view
Food excellent - especially the cooked breakfasts
Service- couldnt fault it - staff very friendly and helpful
Town has a quirky charm - very British
Enjoyed our stay and were pleasantly surprised especially after reading some of the negative reviews.
Yes there is need of some refurbishment but it has great charm -definitely a one off and more enjoyable because of it - not like your ubiquitous chain styled hotel.
If you go say hello to Aziz the barman who will go out of his way to make your stay a pleasant one,

3  Thank noyanlar
srevad, General Manager at Rock Hotel Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear noyanlar, I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your Christmas with us and I thank you for taking the time to express that fact here. We are alsways conscious that Christmas is a special time and that we have a great responsibility when customers entrust us over this period. I have passed on your comments about Aziz to him and he is thrilled to be singled out for mention. Thank you oncer more.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed at the Rock from Christmas eve and left on the 27th december 2011. We are normal people in hour 40s, we have been on expensive exotic holidays and cheap and chearful holidays. The Rock hotel is a magnifican building built up at the Rock its self. It is grand and exquisite. It has the most wonderful gardens, (just across the road) and the history of the Hotel is very interesting and worth looking into. The rooms were large and cleaned even on christmas day. the Balcony we had was huge and the view wonderful. The Hotel is a magnifican example of the History of Gibraltar, very grand. Its ambience and style is what its all about. Whilst you can not deny the hotel needs an upgrade, this does not detract away from the the wonderful experiance of the Rock Hotel. The food is wonderful, drinks reasonable and staf friendly.Prices can be a little on the high side, but class does not come cheap. Its like the orient express, but does not move.

Room Tip: the Rock is up a very step hill but the bus stops right outside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear stiggy007, Thank you for your kind words and explaining how you feel about the Rock. A feeling that is shared by many who are in tune with its history and iconic status within Gibraltar. I am glad that we played our part in making your 2011 Christmas break memorable and we hope that you will come and see us again in due course. Regards.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Booked a package and got a really good rate at the Rock. Clearly it was a wonderful place in its heyday but now is sorely faded and in desperate need of a refurbishment which I understand is on the cards. Room had a small balcony, was nicely appointed although furniture was old and had seen better days. Very comfortable bed. Adequate bathroom but nothing special. View is lovely and most of the staff were helpful and polite. We never ate dinner in the restaurant as it was booked for a private function three of the four nights we stayed but that was not a problem as there were some wonderful places to eat in town. Can't think we will be returning to Gibraltar in a hurry . but if we do and The Rock has had its refurb we may well give it another go.

Room Tip: If you don;t mind the apes straying onto your balcony choose a balcony room . . nice to sit out in the evenings and watch the sun go down
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David9

Dear David9, Thank you for your review. I am glad that you feel we have charm. Your comments about the need for refurbishment are perfectly vaild and this, you will be happy to have confirmed, is being done during 2012. Should you contemplate a return to Gibraltar I was pleased to note that you might consider the Rock your hotel of choice fot that visit. Thank you.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Rock over Christmas vacation for 3 of the longest nights of my life! My husband booked the penthouse, thinking we would be warm, comfortable and happy, but, OMG!!!!! I slept in my sweatpants the first night because we had no blanket, the T.V. did not have a remote, when they tried to fix it, they brought another T.V., but still no remote, the hotel is very tired, and the food was awful. On the upside, we had the most amazing view of the harbor, apes were phenomenal, I did speak to Nina, the manager who was very understanding and helpful, most of the staff were great, some were awfully miserable. They need to warn future guest of the tired condition.

1  Thank lynn k

Dear lyne k, Thank you for taking the time to add your views to this forum. Obviously I read your critique with some concern and I apologise for the fact that on this occasion we patently did not hit the right mark. As you can see, numerically, the Rock receives a very high proportion of total reviews compared to many hotels and in the main I would like think that the shortcomings that you experienced are not typical. This is of course no consolation to you and I apologise once more. We are shortly to embark upon a multi-million pound makeover and as schemes are agreed we shall be making our customers aware of our very exciting plans. I hope that you might one day see the fruits of our endeavours. Thank you.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Should have been knocked down years ago. Great view and many film star photos from long ago when Sean Connery was young but this is just not enough. OUr room was truly awful and the antiquated air con wasn't working and we were told that because it was holiday they couldn't contact the service engineer on his mobile phone!
we were eventually moved after much complaining and excuses from the staff.
Thr bar terrace restaurant was in some sort of culinary time warp serving soggy cheese Branson sandwiches and uncooked chips by a waitress who was blissfully unaware of lesson 1 in the customer service manual. Truly awful In all respects including the 55minutes to get our food.
The main restaurant was better but not much and resembled the scene from the Shining something from a different age and everyone looking very geriatric including the staff.

• Stayed: September 2011
11  Thank Crossruff

Dear crossruff, Thank you for your review, which I have shared with all those departments that generated your concerns. The heads of department will be taking remedial/corrective action where applicable. Some of the comments regarding staff are a little unfair and verging on the personal but of course that is the nature of the review site.phenomenon. I sense that notwithstanding our shortcomings, for which I further apologise, that the Rock may not be your type of establishment. Thank you.