Book In Advance

from $30.40
from $57.50
from $38.30
4,423 results
All reviews cable car day trip siege tunnels amazing views taxi tour st michaels cave moorish castle la linea barbary apes from spain walked down be careful on foot nature reserve walk up airport runway mediterranean steps
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

A must do but when we visited it was misty. Shame! But still well worth visiting (watch out for the monkeys though!)

Reviewed yesterday

The rock itself is amazing and the view is great. One part of the rock is bad: it is covered in roads with very annoying taxis running up and down full with lazy people. The food heaps for the monkeys stink (and it's very artificial of course nothing 'wildlife' about them). The other half is better with small pathways without cars.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Not entirely sure what we were expecting. We only looked around the town area which apart from the duty free shops looks much like any typical town in the uk.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

There is so much to do you need a couple of visits.

Well worth it if you are fit and well are the med steps on the African side - totally different to the busy harbour side with great views!

Lots of interesting information and of course the monkeys which I could spend hours watching.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Was in Gibraltar just for the day off a cruise ship. Took the local bus, cost £1.50 each for all day hop on hop of the locals call it the hoppa! Excellent value.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Very steep roads but worth the adventure. Had some fun with the naughty monkeys and learnt about how they got there in the first place and how many there are in Gibraltar.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We drove from Costa Del Sol to visit the rock of Gibraltar. It was an hour and a half drive. When we got there we discovered you had to have your passport. Nothing in any of the literature I read about Gibraltar said you had to have your passport. There is nothing else to see there, other than the rock. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Not a place to miss. There is much to see and do. Many monkeys to be mindful of. They will steal what they can and open your bags to find what’s in it. The caves through the area are amazing as well. Very high ceilings so, no worries of any tight spaces.

Reviewed 4 days ago

This location is steeped in history and is a worthwhile stop with St Michael's caves and the WWII tunnels and yes the monkeys. But historically there is much more to this place.

If travelling by cruise ship, I suggest that you use the shuttle service to town because there is no taxis as you exit the port. The shuttle people have this lockdown.

Reviewed 4 days ago

This is a must-see for sure. My friend and I opted to take the cable car to the top and do the walk down. We were told by a local that the walk down is easy and could be done in flip-flops. I am glad I did not wear flip flops, and even in sneakers, the walk down is no joke. I absolutely loved the views and the rock; however, if I could do it all over again, I would have paid the private mini-but tour. With the private tour, you get a taxi ride to all the sites and the entry fees are included in that price. It was not clear when we purchased the cable car and "walking tour" tickets, that some of the extra sites like the Moorish Castle and the WWI tunnels, would be extra. I believe these are included when you purchase the private tour.

Also, for someone who does elect to "walk down", please note that several of the highlights/stops will include very steep climbs up the rock. We were not prepared for how intense some of these climbs would be, and the subsequent walks down, are sometimes even more difficult. Our legs hurt for days after.

Although this post is somewhat overall negative-sounding, please note that I loved the rock and all that it had to offer. My only reason for stating the above is that I would have liked to have had all the information ahead of time so that my experience could have been even better.

I would do visit this site over again if given the opportunity, as you cannot properly say you have been to Gibraltar, without having seen the views from atop the rock!