In many ways, this hotel, the Rock and the Caletta vie for 1st position in ranking on Gibraltar. I would give my vote to the Eliott but for 2 points:
1. the excessively noisy air conditioning, which would certainly deter me from staying there during the summer.
2. despite the central location and the double glazing, the square which it faces is noisy at night, especially at weekends. Requesting a sea facing room might be a better option.
Otherwise this is a very acceptable, comfortable base for visiting Gibraltar for leisure or business. The ground floor bar lounge, where excellent quality food is served, is a particularly pleasant place to while away the time.
Note that smoking rooms are only available on a lower floor, which would reduce or eliminate views of the Rock or the sea and add to noise from outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm welcome awaits you at the Gateway to two continents. The O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel is situated in the heart of Gibraltar's business district and tax free shopping areas. The views are magnificent and offer surprising contrasts that combine the famous Rock, Straits of Gibraltar, North Africa and Southern Spain. Soak up the Mediterranean sun at the Rooftop Pool. The Verandah bar with out door terrace is well know for it's jazz evenings on Thursday night's and live music on Saturday nights. Enjoy a meal in our 8th floor Rooftop Bistro Restaurant, while taking in the magnificent views across the Bay of Gibraltar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Eliott Hotel
- Eliott Hotel Gibraltar
- o Callaghan Eliott Gibraltar