O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel
$308
$257
Trip.com
  • Pool
Ohtels Campo de Gibraltar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$73
$70
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Miramar(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$50
  • Free Internet
Hostal La Campana(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$61
$45
AC Hotel La Linea(La Linea de la Concepcion)
$72
Orbitz.com
1,979 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantveranda barmain streettop floorjazz nightcentral locationsun terracecable carcentre of townrock viewsmall balconylocation is excellentthe air conditioningreception staffshort breakhotel barbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

There's nothing fashionable or stylish about the Eliott but that's the worst you can say about it. The location is great, just a few steps away from Main street, the standard rooms are pretty spacious with a large, firm, comfortable bed and a good powerful shower. The fittings show a few signs of wear and tear but everything was immaculately clean. Plenty of choice for breakfast with great views from the rooftop restaurant and a pleasant terrace outside the ground floor bar. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, especially Karen on reception.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
mary_kinch, General Manager at O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear SallyBettyMary,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your lovely feekback.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With kind regards,

Mary Kinch

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here over last weekend with a group of family and friends and have mixed feelings regarding a hotel that is supposed to be 4 star. We booked 5 rooms in all and many of them were sited on the lower floors where views of anything other than carparks or building sites are non existent. To get sea views you need to be on the top 3 floors and ensure your room is not next to the lift so as to avoid the lift tones all the time. Rooms are well appointed but only have showers and no bath and the so called balconies are not big enough to sit on and are simply metal outcrops from the doors in each room.
The breakfasts were somewhat farcicle for a hotel that boast 4 star status as the dining room was almost always full up meaning you had to sit in another room or outside, always presuming you could find a seat. The food constantly ran low and coffee and tea was only offered on one morning of our stay. I feel the hotel needs to work at getting the breakfast supplies sorted to avoid people standing around waiting for food to arrive.. The pool on the roof is very small and the shallow end is only around 18 inches deep so the area available for swimming is quite limited.
If you intend to use your computer while on holiday then avoid the Elliott as they charge £5 for 2 hours wi-fi and all access has to be paid for...not something that other hotels seem to do as The Rock Hotel offer free wi-fi and computer use!

All in all a very mixed review with rooms being comfortable and staff in the bar and restaurant being warm and friendly, not something that could be said of all reception staff.

In summary I would choose to stay at The Rock for my future visits as they have better dining facilities, better views, better pool, free wi-fi and overall a better vacation experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cigar-aficionado

cigar- aficionado,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your comments.
Yes our dinning room is small and cozy and we do use another room on the same floor with the same view for breakfast when we are full and it works really well. I am sorry you felt it was not very good. Our pool area is a great area for relaxing and sun bathing and yes we do have a shallow end, mainly for children.
We hope you will return to stay with us when you are visiting Gibraltar again.

With kind regards,
Mary Kinch

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had room only - and the room was very nice. spacious with a nice bathroom and bed.
Its a good location as well.
Can't say much else as we didn't eat here. there is pool on the roof but we didn't use it - it looked K though.
Reception staff were polite, helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Sea view? Not much to choose from here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
mary_kinch, General Manager at O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Stemec 2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and thank you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

There is little choice of 4 star or above in Gibraltar and I chose this hotel purely for its location which is right in the town centre.
What did I like about the hotel? It's location, it was clean and the Reception staff were pleasant and friendly.
What didn't I like? I informed the hotel in advance of my gluten free requirement and this was a total surprise when I went down for breakfast. I was not offered anything for my diet during my entire stay of 5 nights.
If you are a vegetarian/Muslim/Jewish- they put the pork sausages in the same silver serving dish on the buffet as the grilled tomatoes
I had to ask to change rooms as I had all the air conditioning units directly outside my window.
Not the hotel to stay in if you want an early night as there is loud music blaring until the early hours which meant I could not open the patio door. The air conditioning is so noisy and is positioned to blow out on the bed that it is not an option either.
The pool area is very poor and you cannot sit on a sun lounger there. There is a sun terrace one flight up which is very windy, overlooks the rock and nobody comes up to serve drinks.

Room Tip: Don't go down too late for breakfast or you will be left standing waiting for a table and they clear away buffet on the dot of 10.30 am.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Eleanor B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Thank you for your feedback which, we really appreciate and I will be taking your points on board with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After staying at another 4 star hotel in Gibraltar for the past 6 visits, this was my first stay in the Eliott, I can not say that I was impressed. The lady on reception was friendly and helped with storage of luggage until check in at 2pm. The hotel has 8 floors and 2 lifts, we spent a lot of time waiting for lifts, especially when going for breakfast which is served on the top floor. I requested a double room with pull out bed and cot for myself, my husband and children aged 3 and 1. I was pleasently surprised with the size of the room even with cot and extra bed in there was plenty of room, however not much storage space, 5 hangers and a couple of drawers. the bathroom had no bath, just a shower, which is not really suitable for infants. The balcony was very poor, no chairs or table provided but too small anyway. My biggest complaint is the location of the room. Being placed on the first floor directly above the bar on Jazz night was not good with children, or indeed for me to get any sleep. Breakfast was nice with a good choice but the restaurant was quite small and felt cramped. The wifi in the hotel is charged at £80 per week! Would not stay here again with children. Very impersonal hotel there is a much better hotel in Gibraltar than this.

Room Tip: Not one directly over the bar, or near the lifts.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Castigergirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your feedback.
We do have rooms with baths as well as showers.
We really hope you will return again to stay with us and we can certainly allocate a room away from the Verandah Bar. Our Jazz night is only on a Thursday night.