“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Charlies Tavern

Charlies Tavern
Ranked #14 of 186 Restaurants in Gibraltar
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, British, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gibraltar
“Pretty good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

For a restaurant in Gib, I thought the prices were pretty decent. You got alot for your money, although I'd say that the burger I got was a little dry.

The salads were really fresh and crisp, and the ribs were really good. It was busy on a Saturday night but they still managed to squeeze us in. Walked out feeling satisfied. When we visited early evening there were alot of families so bear this in mind if you are after a more romantic experience.

• Visited July 2013

“An excellent restaurant for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to go to Charlies while in Gib and I'm glad we did! The food was excellent. They even made our young child feel welcome by bringing him crayons and paper to draw on, and they brought his meal in a paper car which he loved! Tgey also do an Indian menu which is also excellent and beats many curries I've had in the UK! The decor is very modern and the service was good. Overall a very good restaurant with lots of choice and a nice setting. We didn't drink alcohol so can't comment on that but they looked to have a good selection anyway. First restaurant to return to when back in Gib!

• Visited June 2013
Swansea
“Good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Charlies is on the marina in Gibraltar. It consists of a tapas bar with darts board and pool table and next door is the main restaurant. In the tapas bar food is served until about 9 and you can have most of what's on the menu in the restaurant. The atmosphere is great and it's very popular. In the main restaurant the food is excellent, very good value for money and a varied menu which includes wonderful curry dishes, some of the best I have tasted. Again there is a great atmosphere and is frequented by locals and tourists. I would definitely recommend a visit .

• Visited June 2013
swansea
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

ate here 2 nights, fab selection, plenty of it, service great if you cant eat it all they will bag it for you .we went for a drink in their bar next door prior to eating the drinks are so cheap.

Visited June 2013
Gibraltar
“Was surprised how good it was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I live in Gibraltar, my brother came to visit. He is from Sheffield England so I asked my daughter where I could taken him for a meal, she told me Charlie's restaurant.
I could not believe how good it was, we ordered Indian and it was the best we have ever tasted, staff very friendly and helpful.
And at the end of the evening we were not rushed to make room more customers and the bill not not hurt my pocket.
I give this resteraunt full marks

Visited June 2013