“Don't bother” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cannon Bar - CLOSED

Cannon Bar
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Typical British pub in the heart of Gibraltar, between the Cathedral and Marks and Spencers. Pub grub served all day - English Breakfasts, Fish and Chips, Home made pies and curries, extensive burger menu, vegetarian options, children's menu. We speak English, French and Spanish, but can get by in lots of other languages!
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were advised by a local to visit this bar for " happy hour " , the only happy people must be the owners who now have my money , the drinks were no cheaper than anywhere else off Main Street. in fact apart from ocean village this was the most expensive bar we had a drink in on this trip ( and you get a view in ocean village , unlike the drab alleyway outside the cannon bar.) The service was cold and not welcoming, the beer average and the table dirty.

I don't like to leave bad reviews , but if your in Gib for a couple of days, give this place a miss.... There are bars with a better location , better beer choice , cheaper and with better service.

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank peter h

• Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“use any other restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I ordered three hamburgers and chips for £5.95 each thinking they would come out with a little side service of salad and reasonable Burger with some fried onions...fear not ....I was served up a flat peice of compressed meat with a very dry bun some under cooked chips ....with 2 half's of beer and coke cost £22.50 please if you like a good meal Don't EAT there.......

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank prj793a
wiltshire
“Don't spoil your visit to Gibraltar by eating here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped here Wednesday, 15th May, 2013 after reading their board claiming to have the best fish and chips on Gibraltar. We ordered 2 fish, chips and peas - ended up with standard frozen fish and salad instead of peas - which my husband hates. My order was for a plain burger with just onion - it arrived with no onion and the bap seemed stale. We also ordered my favourite drink - a litre of sangria - this was the worst I have ever tasted - just like bitter watered down red wine - with just some slices of lemon in. For the first time ever I left the whole glass - even after putting some sugar in it still had no taste - at £9.50 a litre we felt cheated. We paid the bill after leaving most of the meal and drink - and of course NO TIP. Hope they took the hint and improve the service and quality of food and drink - if not do not eat here - nearly spoilt what had been an almost perfect day for my husband, myself, my daughter and new son-in-law.

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank mamamaz
Dundee, United Kingdom
“DO NOT EAT HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

As a one day visitor myself and friends decided to have lunch here. It was the worst lunch and food that I have ever experienced. Visitors be warned...do not eat here.The two tables behind us both sent their food back and we left ours in disgust. Visitors to Lovely Gibralter please be warned. Do not eat here

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank lynne r
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great Stop for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had some great fish and chips here! It was awesome, the best actually. My husband had chicken curry which tasted better than an Indian restaurant we tried the night prior :-) So, he was happy.
Our waitress was really great and they have specials of the day as well.
The owner just happened to be there and she conversed with us and told us to excuse the mess because they are revamping the bar. She said they are doing some paint, windows and lighting since there is no more smoking indoors. So, I look forward to seeing the changes in the future. Besides that, it is more of a bar and grab a bite than a family spot for lunch or dinner ;-)
I would recommend this for singles stopping in wanting some British beers and a British bar experience :-)

Visited January 2013