“proper english type boozer”
Review of Cannon Bar - CLOSED

Cannon Bar
Cuisines: British
Description: Typical British pub in the heart of Gibraltar, between the Cathedral and Marks and Spencers. Pub grub served all day - English Breakfasts, Fish and Chips, Home made pies and curries, extensive burger menu, vegetarian options, children's menu. We speak English, French and Spanish, but can get by in lots of other languages!
Gibraltar
“proper english type boozer”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

good ales , very friendly staff , lovely ambience .... in all this is how a pub should be ... the best bar in gibraltar

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Magdeburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
“Nice pub”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The pub lies a few steps away from Main Street, maybe this is the reason we didn't meet many tourists there but some Gribraltarians (after work). Drank a cold beer and ate a good burger. The service was friendly and fast.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank T_Guerke
atlanta
“Away from the crowds, filled with locals”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

you see very few tourist here, as it is up a side street off the main drag. Great fish and chips and beer. free wifi also.

• Visited May 2012
Corinth, Texas
“An English pub in Gibraltar”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I just read some of the reviews and I'm not sure I agree. I've had lunch here three times now after being introduced to the place by English friends. I've always found the waitresses friendly and the guy behind the bar has been there forever. I normally get a ploughman's which is pretty hard to screw up but the people I been there with have never complained about the food. the only complaint I've heard about the food was from my daughter who ordered the chili dog and it was significantly different from what we are served here in the colonies. It was good but not what she had expected. I'm looking forward to my fourth visit here.

• Visited May 2012
Laceby, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We still cannot believe we actually went into this place and ordered a drink and a meal when we had all the others to choose from. The place has a dirty feel to it and we really should have just walked out but we were hungry so ordered a burger and chips. The meal was absolutely appalling ...the bun was very cold, not toasted with a cheap lukewarm burger slapped in the middle with some frozen chips. We went to pay the bill which was £35 which was bad enough but that was for 4 with coke/water inc but didnt have any ££££ so asked to pay in euros and they put it up to 54 euro.....what a rip off! Left a very sour taste for the rest of the day and they didnt even care and was not interested. Never ever will I recommend this place and if I could give it zero stars I would do

• Visited April 2012