All reviewsbars and restaurantsinclusive breakfastsingle cabincomfy sleepshower facilitiesbudget choicehelpful ownercertain charmocean village areaclose to the airportno air confloating hotela great stayexcellent locationrooms are smallminute strollbus station
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have just spent 4 nights on Con Dios and it is the best B+B I have ever stayed at. Clean, comfortable, cozy, welcoming, relaxing... the list is endless. I had the 'State Room' which is a double room. The room was bright and cheery and I found it very easy to sleep at night. In the morning I chose to take breakfast out on deck and it was great to sit and watch the world go by in Marina Bay/Ocean Village. Although being late November I did have to resort to donning coat and woolly hat due to the morning breeze (though this didn't spoil my 'alfresco' eggs and soldiers!)

Con Dios is within a few minutes walking distance to the centre of town. There is also plenty going on in the marina and surrounding Ocean Village. I must mention Jill and John who are really laid-back, easy-going, friendly and just really brilliant hosts. I'm definitely going back and sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RitaSueAndBob
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Enjoyed a 3 night weekend to Gibratar & Con Dios, 23rd-26th Nov 2012.

My husband & I had the State Room and it was a lot of fun. Jill & John were great, before our arrival & whilst we were there. We had intended to have Breakfast with them, but always slept late....there are numerous eateries within 3-5 mins walk so no problems.

There's an en-suite to the State Room, marine pump toilet & cold water basin, the hot showers & flush toilets are just along the path (3-5 mins walk) & towels are provided on the boat.

Bring flip-flops for the shower walk, we went back & forth in pj type wear...no probs

It was an unusual experience for us, but glad we did it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HippyChick55
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a wonderfull experience .Living on a boat in Gib.great veiws cosey cabin.Clean.our hosts John and Jill are a nice freindly couple, always with good local knowledge.Close to a few good cheap places to eat.Cheap but far from tacky.For the price one gets good value.It was a adventure i would wish to repeat one day.The Rock and area plus things to do are amazing.If you want to see dolphins in pods or some times orca,you can step aboard a boat close by .It will take you toward the coast of Africa only fouteen miles away.the veiw of the huge rock from out at sea is some thing i shall remember always.Thanks Skipper and Jill.

Room Tip: try and book the state room.to me i would have slept on deck just to be there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank blue061
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The boat is well located in the lively atmospheric marina. First impressions matter. We had a few friendly email exchanges before we arrived which was nice. When we boarded our first impressions were concerning. The owners living quarters where visible and rather messy, it smelt of smoke. The deck photo which show the table and chairs was not there and so no opportunity to have a glass of wine watching the world go by from on deck watching the sun go down. It was Halloween and the marina had a good lively atmosphere to it. We had the state room thank god although rather grandly named for what it is, it didn't smell of smoke. It was generally clean, the port holes could do with a wipe down to remove the soot. The ensuite is in fact just a loo with a pump and a basin with cold running water only. The shower blocks were about 4 mins away - we boiled a kettle and washed in the cabin the next morning as it was then raining.
Breakfast isn't included so it isn't a B&B, just a B!
Breakfast at Bianca's bar opposite the boat was huge and the same cost as on the boat.
It was a bed for the night.

Room Tip: The state room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank silverwedding2584
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Hosts very helpful - breakfast was great. Only disappointing part was the size of our cabin. It was tiny especially for 2. Relieved in the end that we were only staying for 1 night. That said we did see the two other cabins which unfortunately were booked - these we're at least four times the size of the starboard 'cupboard'. Would try again but only if we could secure one of the other cabins.

• Stayed: October 2012