All reviews bars and restaurants inclusive breakfast single cabin comfy sleep shower facilities budget choice helpful owner certain charm ocean village area close to the airport no air con floating hotel a great stay excellent location rooms are small minute stroll bus station
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed on Con Dios for one night and had a lovely time. John welcomed us on arrival, showed us to our room (including how to flush a boat toilet!), and then gave us spot on directions to get to the cable car and the top of the Rock. Dinner was in the Cuban restaurant at the marina, followed by a bottle of wine on the sun deck to enjoy the cool evening weather. We slept well in the comfortable room and appreciated being able to leave our bags on the boat during our morning wander into town. All told, a great alternative to a traditional hotel and we loved being near the restaurants in the marina. It was also an easy walk to the airport and Spanish border.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smanders27
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed August 2012 and had a lovely time. Thoroughly recommended. Very peaceful night's sleep, something lovely about laying in the boat and bobbng up and down if you know what I mean! Everything brilliant. Nearby shower rooms excellent too. Very good selection of bars & restaurants. Would recommend and definitely return, very viable and easy alternative to the horridness of Malaga Airport! Gibraltar Airport is a dream!!

Room Tip: Do not attempt to try to drive into Gibraltar, leave your car in Spain!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AnnieTLondon_England
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My daughter and I were planning a trip for the two of us in and around Spain when I found Gibraltar and the Con Dios on the internet. Each email inquiry was immediately and thoroughly responded to by Jill and John and we booked our stay with them.

When we arrived, the marina was stunning. We found the Con Dios and Jill and John greeted us warmly, took our bags and gave us info on the boat and surrounding area.

During our short stay, Jill and John always made themselves available for questions and advice for excursions, eating and shopping. My daughter got too much sun and Jill provided afterburn cream. I forgot our European electrical adapters and they loaned them to us. We need to go to a cash machine and they told us which one charged the least fee.

It was a completely different and wonderful vibe going back to our "hotel room" each day by heading back to the marina and sleeping on the water each night.

My daughter and I only hope that we are able to come back with my wife and son to enjoy Jill and John's hospitality and the Con Dios.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Markrhobbs
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed onboard last week and loved it, had the small forward cabin but still plenty of space, although bsic it still had a tv, dvd plyer and tea/coffee facility. Jill and John are very friendly and helpful. l usually stay at one of the big 4 star hotels but not anymore as this felt like home from home

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank rob h
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in June having looked at the alternatives I thought the Con Dios sounded like the best option. I was not disappointed, Jill and John made me feel right at home from the instant I stepped foot on the boat. I stayed in the twin room which was cosy but plenty of space for my belongings. To fully appreciate your stay I would definitely advise you to take advantage of the sun deck, what more can you ask for than sat out in the sun with a drink on a boat, my idea of heaven. I would recommend this to anyone and look forward to returning myself soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family