All reviewsbars and restaurantsinclusive breakfastsingle cabincomfy sleepshower facilitiesbudget choicehelpful ownercertain charmocean village areaclose to the airportno air confloating hotela great stayexcellent locationrooms are smallminute strollbus station
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Very cozy, well kept, clean, conveniently close to everything and with surprisingly comfy bed! Excellent value for money. The owners were really lovely and did everything to make us feel at home. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We visited Gibralta as part of a Motorcycle trip across spain and Had decided to use Con Dios as our stop for that leg. We had experiance of staying on a boat before so knew a little of what to expect. Due to the space on the boat the rooms are smaller than in a hotel but are comfortable and the plesant owners more than make up for the smaller space.
there are toilets on board but the marina showers are at the end of the pontoon.
There are restaraunts in the Marina as well as a launderet.
Dolphin tours run from the marina close to the boat so there are things to do right there.
We did not know where to park the bikes but it seems parking on the road around the marina is ok as long as you obay the tow away and no parking signs.
Over all if you are looking for somthing different and conveniently placed and at a good price look no further.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liam K
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Gibraltar is such a unique place to visit, so why not stay in the most unique accommodation? Stay on a boat! Con Dios offers a memorable stay in Gibraltar. It's very easy to find in the marina, and with the free bus service you're just a short bus ride away from all the sites. The owners couldn't be nicer, a pleasure to email with while planning our vacation, so helpful with info about restaurants, parking, etc. The sleeping accommodations aboard the boat are very comfortable, easily accommodating our family of 5 adults. After a busy day of sightseeing it was sure nice to come back to the pretty marina. And did I mention the awesome English breakfast served on deck? If you're considering an overnight visit to Gibraltar, I highly recommend the Con Dios.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked a lastminute trip to Spain, ending up in Gibraltar for a few days and found the Con Dios as a cheap alternative to the hotels on offer in Gib.

I booked late and was offered the smallest room on the boat but was more than happy with this as all I needed was a place to stay.

The owners were very friendly and welcoming considering I arrived late in the evening after a late ferry crossing from Africa. They made me feel welcome and showed me where all the facilities were and asked what I would like for breakfast.

I was in the Port cabin which has two single bunk style beds suitable for anyone under 6"2. the Cabin is small but cosy and would be fine for a stay of a few days, it has tea and coff and space for unpacking and storing clothes etc. It also has port holes for a view and air flow.

Breakfast in the morning was pleasant and provided up on deck looking out to the rock.

I would definitely use the Con Dios again if I were after a cheap alternative to a hotel and somewhere interesting or unique to stay.I had a look in the other rooms which were quite spacious and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank LondonOnleave
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I endorse all the other reviews for this floating hotel, and so I don't want to sound like a party pooper but you do need to understand this is a smallish boat and you are sleeping in cabins. Ours had no shower (you can use the marina showers 100m away) and only one small net-covered porthole, so I think is summer it could be very hot. Also there is no public space (though dozens of bars and restaurants within yards)

BUT it is clean, it is comfortable and the hosts are lovely. All in all it is great value, especially for singles (they charge by the person, not the room). So I highly recommend it for what it is.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple