“special”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Eaten in the rest every time we visit gib .never had a bad meal .seafood aways fresh and simply cooked.service never rushed .with a great view across the bay. paella for two served four and the bream was as fresh as you get .Best to book .great food for a reasonable price.

LaMamela, Owner at La Mamela, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to La Mamela.
Warm regards

Reviewed May 5, 2013

As we was staying on this particular side of the rock they wasn't much to do unless you took the bus into town, however someone told us about this little gem. We didn't reserve a table but they soon accommodated us. What lovely and friendly staff. A beautiful view over looking the med. the food was spectacular. We had prawns and spinach to start and was the best I've tasted in a long time. We then shared the paella. Wow. Plenty to share and very very tasty. We thought the prices was reasonable compared to some on the rock and would recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Unfortunately I cannot speak about the food due to the restaurant being closed for a private function. There was no sign explaining that the restaurant was closed and we probably would have stood outside for a long time if it weren't for a local who banged on the door to ask why they hadn't opened their doors yet. The owner explained in Spanish to the locals that they were closed for private party and didn't turn to us to make sure that we also understood. It just happens that I understood the Spanish being spoken. There were some other tourists who were waiting outside for at least 30 minutes as we had passed them in our taxi on the way to the hotel. They were also not greeted by any staff nor told that the restaurant was closed.

It is a shame as we really wanted to try this place, but in the future it would be a good idea to put up a sign indicating that the restaurant is closed to the general public...

LaMamela, Owner at La Mamela, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I am sorry that you found us closed for a private function. I really cannot remember us ever closing for anything except xmas day and new year,s eve. I can only assume that there has been a misunderstanding somewhere for which, I apologise strongly. I hope you give us a chance at some point to show you what we can do. I assure you we are a very popular restaurant with locals and visitors. Hopefully Hasta Pronto !
Warm Regards

Reviewed April 21, 2013

A small restaurant on the quite side of the rock. It was quite pricey, and we ended up choosing the cheapest dish on the menu, the seafood stew (not the exact name) but it was really nice. It had quite a formal atmosphere which wasn't our thing, but we were hungry and it was close by.

LaMamela, Owner at La Mamela, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your meal. I am sorry if you found us a bit pricey, unfortunately we search long and hard to buy the BEST products and quality does not come cheap. Thankyou for your frank views.
Warm Regards

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just a gem of a place......dont miss going here, food - staff and views outstanding....fresh fish caught that morning....can still taste the sea !!