“Dreadful!”

Ranked #54 of 193 Restaurants in Gibraltar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rooftop Bistro is situated on the 8th Floor of the O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel. Enjoy the Spectacular views over the Strait of Gibraltar from the O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel Rooftop Bistro. Our Sous Chef Kevin and his team will cook you a fabulous treat influenced by Flavours from the Mediterranean! Open 7:30 - Late Every Day!
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Dreadful!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

They had run out of the dish I wanted, the other options for my gluten free diet were not appropriate so I ordered a combination of their seared tuna, with vegetables and mash. What I got was overcooked tuna,on a bed of stirfried veg swimming in oil with semi sauteed potatoes - more oil. I should have sent it back as it was not what I ordered but I was so hungry that I attempted to eat the meal and then only did I realise how much oil was on the plate - difficult to see in a dark restaurant. I now feel really ill, even though I only ate half . I complained to all three staff , got offered a replacement meal but too late really, or the desert menu "to take the taste away" as the manager said but quite frankly I felt too queasy to manage anything else..I still got the full bill !!! Very disappointing.

• Visited January 2014

Camberley
“Pretty spectacular.....”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The view from the restaurant, both daytime and night time, is amazing. Wonderful views of the busy harbour and town. We were lucky enough to visit in the Christmas season so the decorations and lights all round added to the atmosphere. The staff are attentive, friendly and helpful and the food was pretty good too! We would certainly go back, anytime...

• Visited December 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great view, food, and service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Make a point of trying this restaurant if you are in Gibraltar, especially if you are staying at the Elliott. The food was outstanding and the sunset view was breathtaking.

• Visited July 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Romantic Dinner Spot in Gibraltar”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Beautiful, romantic spot for dinner. The Bistro is on the 8th floor of the O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel with gorgeous views of the Bay of Gibraltar. At dinner service there were candles lit everywhere and fresh flowers. We ate dinner there two nights. My husband had the chicken curry one night and he said it was delicious. I had a roasted vegetable dish that was very good. My husband enjoyed both of his dinners, however, on the second night I wanted something light because I had had a big lunch and they accommodated me. We had the same waiter both nights and he was very good and personable.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Joy H
London, United Kingdom
“Go before sunrise”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This doubles as the hotel breakfast room. Breakfast options will cover pretty much all tastes - cereal, juice, cold cuts, pastries, and a full range of hot items. I'm sure even a vegetarian could make quite well out of the range present. Eating at 7am overlooking the bay Algeciras is stunning. Once the light begins to rise, and the dingy refinery complex starts to appear from the dark it is less impressive, but go early. It's worth it.

There are also a limited number of bar tables available around the rooftop pool.

• Visited April 2013