“A wonderful restaurant worth taking the time to find and to dine at.”
Review of La Carpinteria

La Carpinteria
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #25 of 1,007 Restaurants in Vigo
Reviewed June 9, 2019

I had lunch at La Carpinteria 2 weeks ago. It was an unexpected pleasure. The decor was very nice, the service was great. Attentive, but not hovering and disturbing the conversation. And, the food! Wow! I had a cold Tomato, Strawbery and Chive soup. It didn't sound like a good combination, but it was soo good. For the main dish, I ordered sauteed beef cheeks and roasted Spring vegetables. Delicious! The taste of the beef was not hidden entirely by the sauce, which was also delicious. The meat was tender and still had a nice texture to it. The Chef, Gonzalo, came out to say hello and to ask if everything was good and if we were enjoying the meal that he prepared. Lastly, the cost of such wonderful meal was quite reasonable. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Imaginative cookery and delightful staff married to a brave attempt to maintain the zeitgeist of the building’s former usage. I can heartily recommend this as a stop for dinner if you happen to find yourself in Vigo, near the port.

Particular stars if the show were the wild shrimp risotto, the roast pork and the sea bass.

In fact, don’t wait to end up in Vigo accidentally. Make a plan to go there.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2018

The menu is diverse and good. Very well cooked with good materials. Great place to go with friends and enjoy a great variety of food.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Our hotel sent us & we almost gave up hope of finding. So glad we didn't! Our waiter was very patient as we figured out menu translation into English. Food was fantastic. Space is an old carpenter shop, small, clean, bright & modern looking. Food didn't disappoint from salad, entree to dessert. I'd come here every time I was in town. Make a reservation as it's popular with the locals.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank kimr256
Reviewed August 19, 2017

La Carpinteria was quite near where we were staying, in a trendy enclave of the Bouzas district on the outskirts of Vigo. It's worth making the effort to get out to this oustanding 'gastropub'. This is inventive fine dining at a reasonable price - easily the best food we had in Galicia (we ate there twice). The staff don't speak much English, which is possibly why they have an English version of their menu. Beware, however, as some of the 'translations' have gone wrong along the way. We didn't try the 'Owl with mollusk rreduction' (in the 'From the Sea' section), but I'd bet it wouldn't be owl. I ordered Pork belly and Octopus and it turned out to be monkfish (very good by the way). Stick to the Spanish menu. If there are 19 better restaurants than this in Vigo, I'd actually eat the owl.

Date of visit: August 2017