“When the chef serves you truffles ”

Restaurante Hierba Luisa
Ranked #13 of 1,000 Restaurants in Vigo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

... would you even imagine? I walk by and stoped to look into the menu with my boyfriend. One we were celebrating our first anniversary we decided to experiment some of the best restaurants in town and this was one of the more searched by TripAdvisors users. I asked for a well cooked cow cannelloni with truffles and the chef served the truffles in my plate, on my table, personally. I had the opportunity to try amazing dishes and to know their chef. Absolutely amazing

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Trust Alberte, the chef, he knows food. Leave yourself in his hands and he won't misguide you. Care is taken every step of the way from the bread, to the wine, to the dishes not even to mention the exquisite food. We had the six course tasting menu and were more and more pleased each and every course. From beautifully mastered croquettes to melt in your mouth tuna ever moment was enjoyable. We can only strongly recommend a visit!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

I've enjoyed every bite of my meal. Ask for advise when you order but the ravioli were superb. I truly recommend the experience.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The room is nice and I was really impressed with the menu but very quickly my impressions started falling.
The smell of deep frying and food was intense in the room. Unfortunately the cooking was not good in our opinion. The cooking point of my lamb wasn't reached and the seasoning was awful; excessive oil and grease on the food.
With this menu and this room they should be ,more careful with the kitchen.
The price was 70€ for a lunch.

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank Antonio L
Alberte G, Propietario at Restaurante Hierba Luisa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

First of all thank you very much for coming to Hierba Luisa.
We understand what you say about the size of our restaurant: we are young people in a small city trying to create a great place to eat. The room is not big but we try to make it the nice and lovely that we can.
The cooker, Alberte Gutierrez, has estudied in the Hofmann Scholl in Barcelona, one of the most respectfull places in Europe. Moreover, he has worked in some of the most important restaurans in Spain: Can Fabes in Barcelona, Casa Solla in Pontevedra and Martín Berasategui in Donosti. Although he is a young cooker he is experienced and he really apreciate your opinion about the "Espaldita de cabrito". Words like yours give us a new perspective in our job: we are really compromised to give the best food and service to our customers using the best products of the fresh market here in Galicia. We would really apreciate if you came back to Hierba Luisa in order to enjoy another dish of our menu selection, maybe some soft food, or we could talk and decide together what to taste.

See you soon here in Vigo.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

After racing the duathlon world championship in Pontevedra I was looking forward to relaxing into our last day in Spain before travelling to Portugal.

We explored the old town and local features, including the rush-hour march by citizens protesting against the stance of banks given the economic problems facing the country.

We were hungry and tired after walking in the coastal wind and rain, arriving at Hierba Luisa to be welcomed by the proprietor and chef Alberte, who enthusiastically introduced us to his menu and brought us drinks. His sister soon arrived to continue the great service, helping us with our choices.

Every dish highlighted fresh local produce - all were perfectly presented and balanced.

The food and wine were great value-for-money, being one of the beat meals we've had in four trips to Spain in the last 6 years.

Date of visit: June 2014