“Decent” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Vigo
Kongsberg, Norway
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

No car parking included, wifi not included or breakfast. Fitness center is a joke. This looks cheap, but is not when nothing is included. rooms are clean and nice, and it's close to many good restaurants

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Right on the Riva right across from the ferry terminal and very central. Our room (304) was large with a small balcony looking out to the water. The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was excellent (but be warned it is NOT included and is 14.50 euros). Also to note is that the 4th floor is attics so not for anyone who gets claustrophobic.
We enjoyed our stay here and would return.

Room Tip: Not the place to request a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for work. Overall it was a nice hotel; very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms, excellent location. But there were a couple of things missing considering it is a 4 star hotel:
- But the walls are quite thin and I woke up a couple of times during the night with the noise from the other rooms
- Internet is not free in the hotel, only in the lobby. If you want to use the hotel, you have to buy prepaid card, which is 12 Euro for 24 hours
- My room was smelling like cigarette, I am surprised it is allowed to smoke in the room in a hotel like that

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent Ria front location, taxi stop next to hotel, this is a 3 Star Superior product, no more (although the hotel has an official 4 star rating), which is misleading.

NO WIFI IN GUESTROOMS! Again the website is misleading and says that there is Wifi, there is WIFI in the hotel lobby at no charge, in the guestrooms you have to purchase a Movistar 24 hour prepaid scratch card, which does not work !!!

Very basic buffet breakfast priced at Euros 14, no hot food just coffee, juice, fruit, yogurts, ham, cheese and bread / pastries

Bar listed on website, ALWAYS closed, so misleading

I will not stay here again because of the WIFI (I personally hate hotels that cannot provide FREE high speed Wifi in guest rooms, in 2013)

I paid Euros 70 per night, which I found to be inexpensive, I personally prefer to pay a little more and have Wifi

Housekeeping weak, only clean ypur room at 4pm when I was put of the room since 8am!

This is a good choice if ypu do not expect much and if you are paying a low room rate

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a lovely room on the port side of building with a balcony.
Overall the room (310) was spacious and very clean, it contained a big bed and very convenient closet space.
The only downside of the room is that its quite noisy. You can really hear other people speaking in the adjacent rooms.
Other than that, friendly staff and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
cape cod
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I needed a hotel in Vigo for 10 days. I was there on business, expected to be quite busy, had a business colleague who would need a second, acceptable room.

I spent one night here, then left. First of all, the room was a small as a prison cell. As a Marriott member I complained about the room size and was told that they had upgraded me to a Superior room. The floors are covered with Pergo, which is basically plastic designed to look a little bit like wood -- but it still feels, sounds and looks like the plastic it is.

When people in the room above me dropped something on the floor, because of the plastic flooring it sounded as though the item had been dropped on my head.

The walls of the rooms are incredibly thin. I heard people yelling at each other in the middle of the night in another room down the hall. When I called the desk to complain, the desk people told me "They are discussing..." Pretty loud "discussion." It sounded as though the man yelling at the woman was ready to hit her.

At the end of this narrow cell was a small window that could be opened. I did so and found that I was basically at street level and could listen to all the Mopeds roar up the street, if I wanted to. I closed the window. It was stifling in there, so I called to ask about the air conditioning and was told it was "not yet the time" seasonally to turn it on.

In the morning I told the staff I would need a better room. Honestly -- a Motel 6 would have been more pleasant.

I was told that wouldn't be possible. Since no one spoke English very well, I couldn't understand the reasoning, but by that time I'd had enough anyway.

I was also told that "Spanish hotel rooms are never very big." Since I'd been in Spain for several weeks by then and stayed in some very nice, large hotel rooms, I knew that simply wasn't true.

I checked out of this hotel and moved two hotels down on the same street to the Hotel Bahia, a traditional Spanish hotel with marble floors, two huge windows overlooking the town's harbor, a bathroom that was the size of the AC hotel room Marriott had tried to get me to stay in, and -- most important -- people who appreciated the $2,000 worth of hotel business I was offering.

Another plus -- this room at the Bahia was substantially less expensive than the room at the AC.

Marriott made a very bad choice in acquiring this chain, but the company could at least do some basic customer service training.

If I could give this hotel Zero starts, I would

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank capecoddersabroad4
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The title of my review says it all. I was there on business and spent a lot of time in the hotel attending meetings etc. The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly and facilities excellent. I would have no hesitation staying in this hotel again either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business