See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

This is a quiet hotel with comfortable beds that more than met our needs. Central for the main shopping. Of course it is up a hill, but there’s not many places in Vigo that are flat! One evening we just couldn’t face the climb and the taxi from the centre only cost €3.50

We had booked this hotel months before my son came to study at the university for a term, turns out that his flat was right around the corner from the hotel. Bonus :)

I’d certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Flossiebobs
Reviewed August 23, 2017

A good place to stay for a short trip, not too expensive, clean but needs improvement in the rooms that are old but clean. A small bottle of water offered upon arrival but I had to pay extra to get some hot water for tea at night! Breakfast buffet was disappointing, althought the reception staff was very nice.

Room tip: top floor is nice, with a terrace that made me feel like being in a movie but noisy A/C
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Pleasant hotel, although it looks way better in pictures than it looks in reality. The impression I got is that of an old decoration desperately trying to improve it with some modern furniture. I really enjoyed the location as it was very close to the centre of the city and the harbour.
The receptionists were kind of nice, Gladys was very friendly.
We had the room on the first floor, the smallest one – with no balcony, I’m not complaining about the size of the room, it’s just a statement, it was actually ok and spacious.
The thing I didn’t like at all was the fact that our room was just in front of the Management’s office (or something like that) and they had this bad habit of talking on the hall every morning (8 – 9 am) about their tasks or things that needed to be done and as the walls were very thin it was like someone was talking to us. There weren’t every time long conversations but the woman always addressed Jose Antonio very loudly and in my opinion, that is just disrespectful to the people who were sleeping, either use your inside voice or go in that office and speak inside because after that it was very hard to fall asleep again. The other acoustic problem is that during the night you could hear everything happening outside: people walking by, cars being parked, the garbage truck arriving after midnight, dogs. – in conclusion, I didn’t sleep much. I wouldn’t complain much but after walking every day for hours and around 15 – 20 km per day all I wanted was to rest and sleep, that’s pretty much what I ask for my accommodation in general. Not to forget to mention the sound the shower made. And it wasn't even ours. Picture this: morning, terrible old pipes sound from next doors.
The bed was very comfortable and we slept good the couple of hours we could between traffic, pipes sounds and morning meetings...
To be fair, the hotel is good for the price you pay just be aware that the food is bad, the rooms are noisy, so just be prepared.

Room tip: noisy, close to the center
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank gabrielarenee
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The hotel is in a nice location, very convenient for shops and the train station. First impressions was of an old hotel that just has a face was with some some new furniture and ornaments. The staff in the reception was nice and friendly. We had a room on the first floor, I didn't like that it was right in front of the lift as I had bad experiences with rooms close to the lift in the past, but we didn't hear the lift from our room. The room was a good size and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were ok. We noticed that it was a smoking room, I thought that nowadays you only get a smoking room unless you request it, but it didn't bother us as we couldn't notice any smells. The room had a small balcony, dominated by the air conditioner mechanism, it would be nice if there were a small table and a couple of chairs to seat in the balcony, but the only place to seat was an uncomfortable chair in the room. We had the intention of ordering some food in the room, but the lack of furniture to seat down makes us decide for going out for dinner.
Also there was no safe and no mini bar, but there was a complementary small bottle of water, just one, to share between two. As in the lobby, the room had the feeling of an old room where the only thing that was changed to make it look more actual was a new bed and a new tv, the rest of the furniture was quite old.
The bathroom was a good size and it was clean, but the toilet seat had a small chip, the toilet brush was dirty and with rest of feces, and on the floor there was 2 lepismas running around ( small insect also called silver fish, they are very easy to get rid of and I would recommend them to do some research to get rid of them).
During the night you could hear the traffic outside, and this was due to the fact of the lack of insulation of the balcony door. Also, there was a building being demolished right across the road and the banging and hammering noise started at 8.
Breakfast was ok, the breakfast room was a bit small and crowded. Breakfast selection was ok, no choice of juice,only orange available, nice big croissants, cold meat, Spanish tortilla, pancakes with jam...now, the bacon was raw,the fried and scrambled eggs look odd mad for odd I mean orange, the scrambled eggs were bright orange ( I was told later that this is because the eggs are good quality....)
In general, i think that this hotel is good value for €49, I wouldn't stay here again because of the noise from the building across the road

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Xabierferm
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We thought this hotel was good as we were able to walk everywhere as the hotel is high and we just needed to walk down hill all the way.
The rooms were comfortable and beds were good. The bathroom was a good size.
We had a breakfast and dinner package and both were very good.
We also had a nice view from our balcony

Date of stay: June 2016