All reviews no lift portuguese camino historic building great location street side old town street noise long walk nice hotel receptionist cafes luxury
Reviewed November 1, 2017

My wife and I stayed at Airas Nunes after finishing the Portuguese Camino. After our automated check in we were surprised to have such a nice room with view of the cathedral for the price we had paid. Our room was tastefully decorated and had a really comfortable bed, which was nice after our 280km walk. The bathroom was a good size, wth a nice large shower.
Nice touches in the room were the tea/coffee making facilities and the mineral water. It all provided a nice but of luxury after our long walk.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2017

The location of the hotel is great, and that's why I gave it 4 stars. The room we got was pretty small, and a little bit pricey (72 euros for a night). Clean, the building was nice (a historic building). The staff friendly (but at night there is no one, just a machine). The wi-fi was bad. I would say maybe 50 euros for a standard double room would be ok...72, too much.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

As many people complain about check-in via automated system, I would say, there is always provided information about it during your reservations steps...
I arrive round noon, receptionist apologizes my room isn't ready. I went to the cathedral, which is very very close, took lunch and everithing was prepared and clean in my room.
I only coplained about cold inside the room and AC has only cooling funciont allowed. Receptionoat immediately received heater which makes it way comfortable.
Even the room was oriented intobthe street, due to doubled windows, there wasn't any noise frombstreet even during busy evening. Nor noise from traffic on corridor made by guest. Room doors are possibly separated from corridor by another glass door nearby.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Terrible if you arrive late . No receptionist , machine that will check you in was not in order No one will come & will repeatedly tell you how to do it Very frustrating .
No elevator or lifts & if you're a Senior with disability this hotel is not for you . There will be no one to help you .
Small bathroom ,shower room is very small.
Clean room , great location , close to the cathedral.restaurants & shopping area .

Room tip: Lower floor ,if a Senior with disability or without disability
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night after a great Camino. Not the best hotel but perfect in the center and all services were ok.
A but noisy for those sleeping at street side. So ask for room in the back, though we slept through the noise.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
PousadasDeCompostela, Recepción at Hotel Airas Nunes, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Dear Mr. Marc,
We are glad that the hotel has met your expectations regarding services. If you return to Santiago and choose our hotel, remember to tell us that you were already customers, and that you have preference for rooms that are facing the back of the hotel. The hotel is located next to the Cathedral, in the historic center, and even though the street is quiet, there are many people strolling throughout the day.
Thank you very much. For us it was a pleasure that you chose our hotel. A greeting. Manoli López