“The final reward after walking nearly 800 km!”
Review of Botafumeiro

7-Day Camino Frances Walking Tour from Sarria to Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed October 20, 2013

You have to be here . . . or watch The Way, with Martin Sheen. Then you will be able to get a sense of what this experience is like. I even attended Mass THREE times so I could see this beautiful old incense burner. And I'm a heathen!

2  Thank WoodswomanJet
Write a ReviewReviews (2,208)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

A sight I have never seen before. Truely amazing to see the Botafumeiro being swung from ceiling to ceiling with the smoke. It takes less than five minutes, but the memory will stay with me forever.

2  Thank Erlina52
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very unique experience, you need to see, maybe the highest in the world, make sure to check the schedule, I believe that everyday at midday, you can go half past midday and still check, otherwise you have to wait for a while if you don't participate of the mass

2  Thank Gabasjp
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just included information on the Botafumeria which I think I spelt incorrectly, it truly was a spectacular sight, it is at the end of Mass. So if you have time don't miss it. However it is not used at all every time but do believe it is at the Pilgrim Mass on Sundays.

2  Thank chrissy50
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The highlight of our visit to the cathedral was seeing the Botafumeiro swinging across the apse of the cathedral after the pilgrim's Mass. All during our Camino walk we wondered if we would be fortunate enough to witness the Botafumeiro in operation. It's a experience I'll not easily forget. By the way, be sure to get along to the Mass at least 20 mins before the start at 12 noon, else you'll have to stand. The best seats to witness the great event is in the first few seats in the apse on either side. Seamus Greene

5  Thank Seamus G