“We finally made it to Spain!”
Review of Hotel Congreso

Hotel Congreso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We flew into Santiago de Compostela in Spain with my family for our annual holiday, we had always wanted to go to Spain and this year we finally did it! I have to admit we did spend the first day and a half lounging around the pool, soaking in the sun and relaxing we also enjoyed strolling through the garden. On our second day after our leisurely sleep in (hey we were on holidays!) we then went off to explore the nearby sacred Art Museum what an amazing place had a meal near the Toural Square area, ohhh loved the fountain! Another day we spent the day shopping at El Corte Ingles and I still don't think we saw every single shop in there it was huge! We were certainly grateful for the pool on our return to just jump in and cool down and rest our tired feet from the day! We didn’t really know the area although I made sure to find as much information before we left for Spain but I shouldn’t have worried about all of that because the staff at our hotel were so friendly and gave us plenty of helpful advice that made our holiday an exciting one in a strange but an amazing place, we really did enjoy ourselves so much I really do think we have to return there again. The only downside to staying at this hotel was the fact that it was a little further away than I thought to activities in the town if we could just move it over a little bit it would be perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ok, so the superior rooms make you feel like a million bucks! It’s sort of being at home accept a whole lot better. I have never seen such a great bathroom; It doesn’t really have the feel of a hotel room. The beds decorations and just the whole room as a whole has a homey feeling. Sort of like a home away from home. Not to mention they have a great mini bar, free Wi-Fi and great people to help you with what you need. Room service is amazing, for all you get and the friendly and comfortable staff the prices are pretty amazing too. The food is pretty amazing too, very appealing to look at and very tasty. I love to swim and I was really glad they had a pool, but I think is could have been a bit bigger. I didn’t realize at first but they also have a garden area. One other thing too, is that I think their website could be layed out a bit better. It was a little challenging to find everything, but then again I’m not that great with a computer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

When I originally planned to have a destination wedding, I was not sure that I would be able to get everything that I wanted in. Booking with Hotel Congreso was the best decision because not only is it a lovely resort, they made my wedding absolutely gorgeous and I did not have to worry about the details at all.
They set up a nice private area for our guests to sit and enjoy this lovely day with us and we were able to fit all of our friends and family into the large banquet room they provide. The chef prepared a lovely dinner for our guests and us and I cannot express how grateful I am for all of the hard work the hotel put into making this a perfect day for my new husband and I.
We were originally in a superior room, but a few days before our wedding the hotel offered us a free upgrade to an executive room as a wedding gift.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I did enjoy staying at this hotel. There hotel all together was amazing. The rooms were luxurious and the staff was nicer than I imagined. The food was great though I was a bit disappointed on how the location made my travelling a bit harder than I intended it to be. Though for most other things especially how it only cost 67$ per night fitting the budget I wanted. I also must admit how I was in love with the free wifi cause I am a computer geek and hate having to pay for my own wifi so that is a plus. So I would tell anyone of my friends to visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left. This place was our slice of paradise. Even Snickers our dog loved it. The garden area with fountain and crystal clear refreshing swimming pools provided the type of relaxation that one would expect and they went above and beyond all of our expectations. The food and service were top notch with a variety of mouth watering traditional local cuisine. The free wi-fi while relaxing was very convenient as well. Our superior room was elegant and spacious making it very comfortable for our family. In addition, we had a gallery view that overlooked the gardens. Our paradise away from home was just minutes away from the City of Culture and Santiago de Compostela which made everything so convenient when seeing the sights and exploring. There was so mu
Treasure Guy: There was so much to see and experience with panoramic views. Such picturesque places full of architectural detail and history. So beautiful that pictures or words just can't describe it. All of this right in our "back yard" of our stay at Hotel Congreso. Everything was perfect!! We will be returning for sure!! An experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean, upscale and the staff is very friendly. I was also really happy that I could bring my dog with me (we're travel buddies). Another good thing is the security seems very tight, cameras, etc. I wish it were closer to the city, but the price ($67/night) is perfect for the location. It easy to commute in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've recently traveled to Spain with my family. It was a great trip, I must say. I was impressed by the country, as well as the service of the hotel we've stayed in. It was absolutely amazing!
The hotel I am talking about is Hotel Congreso. Its a gorgeous hotel with amazing service and rooms. Our room was really nice with a terrace and a beautiful view! The hotel is a bit far from the town, but its easy to get to the town, since there are a lot of offers to rent a car and also many buses go to the hotel. I really liked it, and the fact that is out of town and all the hustle in there was perfect for me. It was quiet there, and, should I say again - the service was great. They didn't speak very fluent English, though it was easy to communicate. Everything was perfect, at least for me and my family. However, if you want to be closer to the town, search for another hotel, in the town. But, if you are like me, if you like to escape the city, you will love this hotel.
One thing is for sure, If we ever come back to Santiago, I am sure I know where we will stay at - Hotel Congreso.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are absolutely great