“Cool, hip, perfect vibe and GREAT FOOD!”
Review of Abastos 2.0

Abastos 2.0
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taberna When? Vermouth fromTuesday to Saturday_ SnacksandDinner fromTuesday to Saturday_ Dinners behind closed doors_from It's closed on Sunday #CocinaMiuda-Small servings (in the vermouth session or as snacks or dinner) WHITOUT reservation_ A new daily manu that consists in 6 small dishes and another section of dishes which are know as Appetizers or Dish to share. The menu changes according to what is available in the food market. It's not market cuisine but Cuisine with products from the market. WITH reservation_ Menu made with products from the food market=21€ Our bar-table is managed by time slots where you can enjoy a Menu from the market as well as 6 different dishes offered that day with a price of 21€. Once there, we can enlarge this menu by adding to share dishes or appetizers or meat and desserts.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I found Abastos 2.0 by accident. I was watching a Youtube clip on great foods of Galicia and they were on one of the clips. After seeing the clip, I knew I had to try it.

I went on their website and read their theory of how to serve the freshest dishes with the least amount of doctoring and messing with the original goodness and taste of the main ingredient, being meat or fish. My perfect concept of eating great food!! Also on their website it showed them in the market and how they selected their goods. I thought what a great idea if I could follow them on a venture into the market. I emailed them and asked if they wouldn't mind if I can tagged along. They graciously accepted my request and I was introduced to a very fun and educational trip to the Santiago Market. Silly as it might seem, seeing and being explained the items being served to you enhanced my experience at Abastos 2.0.

In addition, every dish was served with an explanation of preparation of ingredients. My lunch was one of the freshest and most delicious food I have ever had. The service was impeccable and the clientele was quite diverse and of all ages. In fact, I had such a great time at lunch I came back for dinner. I decided for dinner I would eat across the way at their more "formal" restaurant. The evening I dined there I lucky enough to be there for some live music as well. The music added the perfect mood and ambiance to our evening.

Thank you to Iago, Marcos, Alexandro and the staff at Abastos 2.0 was making my trip to Santiago a delicious one!

2  Thank VeniceInMyHeart

Reviewed September 9, 2012

A great concept and excellent cooking. Situated alongside the market in Santiago, the menu changes daily depending what takes the chefs' fancy. 35 Euros a head for the set menu is a steal for cooking of this standard. A wave of tapas followed by a meat and a fish dish and a selection of desserts. Delicious and highly recommended.

1  Thank MrTomWright
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The restaurant is attached to the market, they buy all their ingredients fresh everyday and the food is fantastic, we ate here twice and the service and food was excellent, and at a very good price. Don't miss a nice lunch here after a look round the market.

2  Thank submersiond
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have decided to visit theAbastos tapas bar next to the charming Abastos market and were swept from our feet by the great food, lovely service and normal prices. OK, they usually have only about 7 dishes per day, ranging from 4 to 9 euros, but the grilled navajas were heavenly, salmon sushi (called something like salmon after eight) was fabulous, their gratinated pork with mustard was amazing, their risotto was wow and just about the right size. What is fantastic is that they change menu according to what they find in the market so it is always something fresh and delicious. The gallician music they insist on playing was spot on too, like their wines. We also loved the nice touch of getting some appetizers, always different, both times we ate there so we too the waiter's advice to come and have a more serious tasting menu in their nearby restaurant. Unfortunately, we didn't enjoy it half as much as the tapas version-whilst some of the dishes such as beef tartare was great or the in hake olive sauce were excellent, the other dishes did not live up to the reputation of the smaller Abastos, not to mention that the price was three times higher. So, my suggestion is you stick to the tapas bar-I'd say that it is the best, maybe the only place to eat in Santiago-especially in relation quality-price and you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank ZagrebLouLou
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We first saw this restaurant featured on Rick Stein's Northern Spanish tour.
When we arrived in Santiago de Compostella we were determined to find Abastos which we knew was next to the market where the brother's who run the restaurant shop for all the fresh produce used in their cooking. It is only quite small and we were lucky enough to get in without a reservation.
We had lunch there and were certainly not disappointed - the food was wonderful, fresh, tasty and imaginative. The service was excellent and we were happy to go with the recommendations for that day.
In fact we enjoyed it so much that we went back in the evening to sample some more delights!
We will certainly be returning when next in the area and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank SukySomerset