“Outstanding!”

Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga
Reviewed November 7, 2013

It's as close to perfection as it gets! The decor is impecable, perfectly mixing the old stone building with all these luxurious and lavish wall papers and furniture. The bathroom was a dream come true, and i really loved the ammenities. The hotel scent was really pleasant. The breakfast was the best we got on spain, and probably one of the best we ever had. Sure they could have a wilder selection of pastries and cakes, but what they got was impecable.
We had an amazing diner on the restaurant, with a perfect steak and a delicious bread crusted cod fish. It was a little expensive, though, for spanish standarts.
The garden was beautiful, but unfortunately the river side path was closed (it did rain a lot on the previous week).
We took the spa circuit, and it was very relaxing and pleasant. The spa treatments were quite expensive, so we took none.
The service was really good, but I had asked previously for a room with the nice wall paper, and got a room with plain painting. Don't get me wrong: it was still amazing, but I really love their wallpapers, and I was a little disapointed that they overlooked such a simple request. Was too tired after the camino and didn't complain, though. Still wish I had.
All in all, it's an amazing hotel, and the perfect end to the Camino de Santiago de Compostela.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were not disappointed in any way, it was just what we needed after traveling, its outside the city, feels like you have been transported in time.
After taking pic. of the grounds,and decor, we headed off to take advantage of their extensive pool and spa area. Dressed for a very romantic dinner, (9pm seating) and enjoyed every bit of it.
I Love the linens and comfortable bed, (very important to me) and all the antiques, the furnishings,accessories, and the amassing chandler, the reference to Audry Hepburnm, added to the art deco and French touches here and there, n the bar area.
Met the owners such talented architects, they bought this old 18 century paper factory, down by the creek, in 2003 and it took 5 years of renovation, and turn it into a beautiful chateau hotel. Wish we could have stayed here longer!!! Thanks for the labor of Love.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed with my family for 2 nights in Aug 2012 there for my sister's wedding . hotel is a cute building in middle of green and beautiful hills about 10 minutes far from Santiago old town . there was a small little river and waterfall on back of the building and with the quiet environment of hotel you can hear the river which it was very relaxing and nice . staff were very friendly & in 2.5 days that I was there we met the manager and her very friendly cat 2 times and every time she asked if we are comfortable and we are enjoying our time in her hotel . most of the staff spoke and understand English perfectly . rooms were clean with very nice with fresh & cosy decoration, we had 3 rooms there so I noticed there were all different in decoration & they were all beautifully designed . my room were HUGE with sky blue walls and wooden floor with very beautiful wooden window opened to the garden , from the first day I settled in my rooms I had the internet radio installed on my side bed wall , on Jazz channel which it made an amazing combination of music, nature, freshness of my room for me and even now after a year when I close my eyes and think about it , it put a small on my face :)
food were perfect , I tried breakfast and lunch in hotel's restaurant and the special meal that they prepared for wedding night and they were all DELICIOUS .
room service were very fast and perfect .

I love to stay again in a Quinta da Auga if I travel again to Santiago de Compostela

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have been in this hotel in summer! Very very nice and cozy. Flowers everywhere. Very clean and good designed rooms. SPA is excelent. Stuff is friendly and helpful and giving you a feeling like you are at friends place. We didn't have a chance to try cuisine in the restaurant, but looking forward to come back here again. Despite the fact that hotel is quite far from Santiago, it takes a few minutes to reach downtown by taxi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Better than expected, lovely cafe/bar, best quality ingredients in the restaurant.

'Green' air conditioning (none) so we were lucky it wasn't mid summer - grounds need more upkeep. Strange atmosphere in breakfast room - did not stay in there long!

Go there for a relaxing night - need to be a pilgrim to stay longer

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScarlettSurrey
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We spent a week in this beautiful hotel and really enjoyed and really did not want to leave!

If I were to choose the 3 best things about this hotel, these would be:
- The friendliness of the staff: always available and always willing to help out
- The silence of the rooms. You could here nothing from other rooms or the hallway, which meant we slept really well
- The hotel was pretty much full during our stay, yet we never had the feeling that it was the case. Normally when a hotel is full one notices how the quality, service, etc...gets somewhat worse. But that was not the case here

For those looking for something in the city centre, I would go with an other option because here you need a car to move anywhere (city centre is a 7 min car ride).

In summary, I would say that it is one of the better hotels I have stayed at, and would definelty go back. I would also add that the value for money is very good. Similar hotels would easily cost twice as much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank saspain
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, 6th and 7th August. The reception staff were helpful and friendly and spoke good English. Our room was beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. We chose to stay here as we didn't want to drive into Santiago. A taxi cost less than 7 euros, each way. As the Hotel is on the outskirts of town, we chose to eat here in the evenings. Unfortunately the restaurant doesn't open until 9.30pm, a bit too late for us, but we had a decent meal in the café bar. Breakfast is a typical buffet, which was fine with a good choice. We didn't use the spa facilities but understand they are very good if not a little expensive. The location of the Hotel is through a small housing estate but you forget about this once inside and in the pleasant gardens.
We would stay here again if we travel to this part of Spain in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple