“Fabulous meal and totally unexpected”
Review of A Boca Do Lobo

A Boca Do Lobo
Ranked #44 of 1,199 Restaurants in La Coruna
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stopped here to have a quick lunch and ended up staying nearly two hours.The service was slow and the waitress ( all on her own) with little English managed the whole place by herself with a smile.The food was amazing- compliments to the chef.I had small fried fish with salad to start and my husband had fish soup. Soup arrived in a pot and lots of it + seafood. Next I had dorado with salsa verde- lots tomatoes and muscles as well .My husband had tuna Bonita with potatoes.He had a beer and while I asked for a glass of wine- a bottle arrived( said it was included in lunch menu .The desert was a fabulous cake with melted chocolate and my other half had carrot cake with cheese frosting.I had an espresso to keep me going. What a place it is no wonder they were busy.Well done to all .One of my favourite memories of this holiday

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

This is a best kept secret of La Coruña! My husband and I came across this little restaurant looking for something quiet with great food and we were not disappointed. My husband had the octopus tostadas and I had an Asian dish. Both were fantastic! Mariana (the owner) was a gracious host and very friendly! We went back the following morning for coffee and pastries. I would hands down recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone! We plan on going again on our next trip to Spain!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Staying not far from the place, A Boca do Lobo came recommended and it was too close not to pay a visit for family lunch. The place was busy and we just about managed to grab the last table for four. With two small children, they were more than accommodating given the close quarters. It didn't bother us that, in this local place, little English was spoken - the staff were friendly, yet efficient, and more than patient in helping us understand the menu. We ordered three menus of the day. Service was efficient and prompt. What we never expected was the quality and quantity of the food we would be served. Perfectly fried parrochas, croquetas and mussels in black rice and for starters. Broiled sea bream, broiled hake in prawn sauce and braised goat knuckle, all served in searing hot oven dishes on a platter. (Be careful: we were well warned about this, but our toddler burned her hand on one of the dishes, though the waitress responded very rapidly, and after some tears and a lot of cold running water, all was well.) We followed our mains with two desserts - the best Spanish flan I've tasted (usually not a fan), and a chocolate and coffee pudding, perhaps slightly lacking in flavour, plus an espresso. Those three menus more than filled all four of us. Situated in one of the most atmospheric, ancient, and beautiful parts of the city, and outside the busy, buzzing and more expensive streets in the city centre, it's well worth searching out. And I still can't believe all that set us back €9 per menu. A great experience, and incredible value.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a real gem and a great value experience. The staff are very friendly and the food is superb. Every mouthful was a pleasure and it really was cooked and presented with passion and care.

The portions are large and we had three for an early dinner. The marinated salmon with Melba toasts was wonderful, the slow cooked chicken fell off the bone and was succulent. We finished with a cod salad with small battered fish portions perfectly seasoned.

The local wine by the glass was good.

This is a real gem just a short walk from the main square. It is definitely a real highlight in our culinary adventure around Europe . So good I recommend it without reservation.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

The best option is the menu del dia, for 9 euro you'll get two courses plus dessert, a bottle of local wine included! Outside of that things start to get more costly, but it's all delicious. Plus, the owner is very friendly. It was a pleasure.

Date of visit: September 2016