“Top”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Great quality food. Beef, zamburinas,fish ... al taste delicious. 100% recomend. Price =quality. Meal for 3 person with bottle of galician vine around 120€

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank tytek12

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was amenable, but served food in its own terms. I ordered confit of cod, but it was so rare I couldn't eat it. My husband ate beef cheeks which he thought were excellent, but there was only sauce, no vegetables. I personally thought that odd. It was a quiet Sunday lunchtime, only two other tables were used during our visit. We ordered patatas fritas with my fish and they came as home made crisps, which was a novelty, but dry and not exactly what went naturally with a confit of fish. Perhaps here was a misunderstanding. This explains my 3/5 and my opening sentence. A good restaurant will tell you that that's just how their dish is - an excellent restaurant will try to make everyone something they can eat, even if they don't understand their customer really well. Maybe everyone else will have better experiences, as I have histamine intolerance and there are some things I don't know if I can eat until I try them because it depends on the method and herbs, etc the individual chef chooses, and there are lots I can't, so the cod was my 'out' and I was unlucky. No chicken dishes at all. The clam starter my husband had looked great, but I can't eat shellfish either. I think it's just one of this places that does great signature dishes, but not great for food intolerances.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I remember their empanada being good, and the zamburiñas (queen scallops) also nice, but the beef is really the star of the show in Namoreira. They dry age (hang) the meat between 3-4 weeks, and it is packed full of flavour and extremely tender; they serve a large t-bone (chuletón) sealed and sliced on a hot plate (piedra) so it can be cooked to taste.

Their magnum bottle of Rioja Lágrimas de María Crianza was perfect for our lunch for 4 people. Desserts are also good if you are still hungry.

Service was slow, but pleasant.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Had dinner here with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Walked in shortly before closing time but at no time felt like we were being rushed. Professional waiting staff, chuleton was very good, deserts excellent. Good wine list and wine served at perfect temperature.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Rogier W
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I live in Spain for almost 2 years and I can guarantee that the Chuleton a la Piedra from this restaurant was the best meat that I had in Spain so far! Once in Coruna, step by and try!

2  Thank Kico_mei