“Great mini-break to A Coruna” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Maria Pita

Melia Maria Pita
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in La Coruna
London, United Kingdom
“Great mini-break to A Coruna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

It will be difficult to beat the location of this hotel if you are staying in A Coruna. We did not book a sea view room, but got given one on check-in which was fantastic. There are steps going down to the beach in front of the hotel and the beach is great. We ordered some cava through room service and drank that on the beach watching the sunset - highly recommended. Even though it was October, the weather was absolutely great. The hotel is also a short walk from all the sights and lovely to walk around and discover. We also opted for the breakfast when we checked in and both the hotel and breakfast was excellent value for money. We found the service great and everyone was very helpful.

Room Tip: Do ask for a sea view room. We also asked for a twin room as we were two friends travelling togethe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BonitaTravels
AlfonsoLara, Gerente at Melia Maria Pita, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Client:

On behalf of Hotel Melia María Pita ´ staff, I would like to thank you for choosing us during your last stay in A Coruña as well as taking your time for your comments about our hotel.

G. manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This Melia falls well below its own aspirations. The WiFi and hot water are very unreliable. The walls are paper thin and heavy wood doors with faux wood floors means that any loud footstep will wake you up. We eventually resorted to earplugs and I am a very sound sleeper. The Laundry and Parking are pricey and they are not helpful in finding you any alternatives to their prices. Luckily I found a nearby dry cleaners that saved me about $60 USD over the hotel. Lastly, the bathroom had very shoddy work, broken tiles, and a broken shower head meant to adjust, but it kept sliding down. There are better alternatives for the money.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Client:

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and contact us. I full regret that you have a negative impression about our services and please accept our apologies about that.

Camberley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited here last Friday and spent two nights in the Hotel. I ate in the Restaurant one evening and the food was ok and breakfast was ok in the morning. Nothing special really but the location is good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AlfonsoLara, Manager at Melia Maria Pita, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Client:

On behalf of Hotel Meliá María Pita ´ staff, I would like to thank you for choosing us during your last stay in A Coruña as well as taking your time for your comments about our hotel.

G. Manager.
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved A Coruna - what a lovely spot.
Hotel in great location looking out over fantastic bay. Friendly helpful reception staff who were happy to give us a late checkout - nb normal time is noon :)
Very comfortable bed & nice large towels however depending on what's happening it can be a bit noisy.
Breakfast buffet very good especially when booked at reception - 8 euros rather than 14.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elestoban

La Coruna, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is only my second review on tripadvisor.com. My first review was to assure anyone traveling to La Coruna stayed clear of the disaster of a hotel (my original booking) down the same street. As a corrective measure, I booked alternatively at Meila Maria Pita and didnt arrive until 2200 hours on Thursday evening. I booked using their online 'dial me back' feature. The promptly did call me back and I discussed my desire to book a suite (jr or normal) in the Melia Maria P. The gentleman on the phone wasnt actually at the hotel but did everything in his power to secure the suite for me (put me on hold and rang the location's front desk). Unfortunately, at 2100 hours, no suites were available for that night. BUT, the same individual didnt stop at that night but inquired for upcoming days / nights. What he did was assure my desires were satisfied. So, for the first evening he secured a standard room for me. He alerted the hotel of my desire to upgrade on future nights.

I arrived at Melia Maria P (leaving the original disaster of a hotel) and was greeted warmly and with great hospitality. The front desk staff watched me attempting to communicate the best I could whilst exhausted in Spanish (not my native tongue). They were so patient and willing to continue the dialogue in Spanish as long as I was willing. Eventually, they saw me struggle for word and so, they switched to English with a smile and warming quality. We discussed my checking in to the 'standard' room for the first night and listened to what I was looking for: 1. Big bed (not a single) 2. Bathtub 3. Massage or doctor for the following day 4. Late meal considering I was checking in at 2200. They bent over backwards to attempt to satisfy each request. THEY DID! I was tired, in pain, and hungry and they took care of me without hesitation.

The next day upon waking and initially going down for what turned out to be the most amazing breakfast I've had on my pilgrimage, the front desk staff found me and provided me a walk thru of the Junior Suite. I asked at that time (1100 hours) if it would be alright if I waited to make a decision until I saw the Normal Suite. They assured me that would be fine and allowed me to return to the standard room I stayed in the night before and reside there until the Normal Suite was cleaned and ready for viewing. Near to 1430 hours, the front desk rang me up and showed me the Normal Suite. I was sold. Soon thereafter, the front desk staff returned with the key, a bellhop, and necessary paperwork. They did not require me to return to the desk (they did all the leg work for me). In addition, they secured the physical therapist (doctor) to arrive in my room at 1600 that day. In addition, they were accommodating in that I was having a friend arrive that afternoon and they assured the friend would find me in my room (considering I was being worked on by the doctor).

Next, I was so delighted to have then a superb room, jacuzzi tub, and treatment, I extended my stay an additional two nights. A subsequent night in the suite and then downgraded again to a standard.

I have nothing but brilliant grades in all categories for this facility. Their staff were irreproachable in their service. The rooms were amazing (and I stayed in a few). The external network proved worthy of high reviews as well. Food was delicious. The price, unbelievable in comparison to the other 'crap place' I originally visited.

I recommend HIGHLY anyone considering the Melia Maria Pita. You will not be disappointed. From their remote reservation system, front desk, kitchen, bellhop and external services (doctor / therapist), it was a first class act and experience.

Kind regards.

Maureen M.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want and why you want it and they will make recommendation and accommodate...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Maureen M
AlfonsoLara, Manager at Melia Maria Pita, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Maureen M

In Meliá Hotels International, we believe that is only through listen carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for. We are proud to receive personal comments and opinions such as yours

Thank you very much for your comments.

G.manager.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our recent trip to Spain. Absolutely wonderful experience from beginning to end. We couldn't believe our good luck. The staff spoke English and were all friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, practically designed and very comfortable for sleeping. There was actually a double bed rather than two single beds pushed together like at the other two hotels we stayed at in Spain. The breakfast was the best we had in Spain. A dazzling array of mainly cold choices. Very tasty and fresh. On the second night, we tried the $20 menu at the restaurant. We don't normally eat at hotel restaurants but the choices looked very good. Top notch service with waiters in uniform. Excellent and awesome value. Location was perfect - next to the ocean but walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlfonsoLara, Gerente at Melia Maria Pita, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Client:

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback about your stay in the hotel. The costumer ´s opinion always helps us to improve the quality of our service.

G.manager.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We spent three days in Melia Maria Pita and enjoyed the beach view. You just cross the paseo Maritimo to have a swim in the Atlantic Ocean. A beautiful, endless, sandy beach infront of the hotel.
The staff at this hotel is very friendly and service minded. They do their outmost to make you feel welcome.
The hotel is missing a nice lobby bar. The small bar they have is hided away without any view, but of`course you have all the tapas bars and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlfonsoLara, Gerente at Melia Maria Pita, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Client:

Thank you very much for your kind opinion. Client´s suggestion help us to improve our business.