1,200 results
All reviews star hotel tennis courts sports club old town junior suite sea water nh collection family room very nice hotel local members sports area close location building site the main square good size enjoyable stay long weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2019

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel after disembarking from a cruise and though it is rated as a 5-star hotel based upon my experience of world travel though it is a lovely hotel but it is more like a 4-star hotel as oppose to a 5 star.

It is in a beautiful location which is a short walk to the marina and about 200 metres walk from some shops, cafes and places to eat if you choose not to eat at the hotel as their prices I found very high. Besides one occasion of room service I did not eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. Another guest said the choice for breakfast is rather limited as it is about 23 euros for breakfast and with the benefit of hind insight they would not have paid that for the breakfast they got. They would have rather eaten outside the hotel.

I do not go on holiday to watch TV but if you chose to watch a bit of TV there are no English-speaking channels and when you cater for international guests you would normally expect to find at least of few.

I went out in the morning and left the "please clean my room" sign outside my door but later in the afternoon at about 4pm it had still not been done. I had to ask reception to ask housekeeping to clan my room for me in the end and I think that after 4pm is rather late in the day for a room not to have been cleaned when it has been vacant.

The staff are polite and friendly. However, I was only there for 2 nights and I do not know if I will go to La Coruna again but if I did for a short stay I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
HHFinisterre, Carolina Basterrechea, Guest Relations at NH Collection A Coruna Finisterre, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Dear tendo,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

I take note of everything you say to try to correct the defects you mencioned.

I would like to greet you in your next stay and be able to show you that these defects have disappeared.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the NH A Coruna Finisterre in late September. This is a most memorable hotel. We stayed in the Presidential Suite on the 7th floor. It was priced at the level of a superior room at many other hotels throughout Spain. The bedroom and living room were beautifully appointed and spacious, and there was a lovely sun-lit long hallway leading to the bathroom and outer door. The bathroom was very nicely done in marble. The room was completely comfortable and a pleasure to stay in. The lobby is also quite attractive. The dining room and bar area are quite beautiful, and the dining room has very lovely views of the harbor and swimming pools. Breakfast was excellent in the dining room. The hotel is a short walk from the Plaza Mayor, which itself is well worth seeing. Likewise, some very nice restaurants nearby. The staff was quite pleasant and helpful, including parking our car for us. The only fly in the ointment is that the hotel is a little difficult to find even with a GPS. We pulled up next to a taxi at a taxi stand that proved to be near the hotel, and we followed the taxi to the hotel and paid a fare when we got there. If you are going to stay in A Coruna, stay at this hotel!!

Room tip: Stay in the Presidential Suite
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HHFinisterre, Carolina Basterrechea, Guest Relations at NH Collection A Coruna Finisterre, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Dear Y A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted to see that everything during your stay with us was to your satisfaction, including our location and the service that the whole team of Hesperia Finisterre provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel located front sea, all staff very friendly, always available, first class service. This is one of the too rare 5 stars deserving its certification. The suite is just awsome. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear fredandjeanneH,

It is always a pleasure for me and for all our team to be informed of the wonderfull stays our guest are enjoying during their visits to our hotel.

We really appreciate your positive feedback about the fantastic location and i will share it with our great team your feeling about the incredible service provided.

It was a pleasure having you once again and we hope to welcome you very soon!

Remember that It is your home in A Coruña.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2018

We booked a suite but the outlook was over a building site so Edna was most helpful in rearranging a room and moved us a superior room. The Beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the restaurant was good with lots of choices.
Very poor service in bar areas and twice we had to go to reception to ask them to find someone but otherwise the staff were very helpful.
Whilst we were there a party of Brits arrived. Why is it the Brits had to behave so badly in the hotel? I was embarrassed to be from the UK.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear JonSebastian,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on the Hotel Hesperia Finisterre.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our location and our rooms. We are very sorry to know that some aspects of your stay were not to your total satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and be sured that we are going to investigate what could happen.

Thanking you again for your time and your comment, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the NH Collection Finisterre on September 29th. We arrived at 8 in the afternoon, we checked in and went up to our room to take a quick shower because we had a party at the Yacht Club. Surprisingly there was no water in the bathroom. My wife and I could not shower nor use the bathroom. We called to the front desk and they told us that there was a water cut in the area and they could not do anything to help us because it was a problem from outside the hotel.
I think it is not normal for a 5 star hotel, like the NH Collection ones, that the rooms run out of water due to a temporary cut off of water from outside. They should also have warned us at the front desk when we checked in. We could have moved to another hotel, because there is another NH about 500 m from this.
Neither at the check-out did they apologize for the problem.
Later, I received the NH Hotels satisfaction survey about our stay and I commented on the problem. The hotel director, Rafael Benito Cases, responded me by email saying that he was very sorry and that he would personally talk to the reception staff. I'm still waiting to know something about the outcome of that conversation.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Mr. Jose Maria G,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on our Hotel and the services rendered. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

At the Hotel Hesperia Finisterre our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and we deeply regret when we do not fully achieve this. We are very sorry to know that some aspects were not to your total satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. You can be assured that I am personally following up on these issues.

I look forward to welcoming you personally during your next stay.

Sincerely yours,