“Good plates and elegant place”
Review of Restaurante Bido

Restaurante Bido
Ranked #33 of 1,199 Restaurants in La Coruna
Reviewed August 2, 2018

It's a pleasant atmosphere with excelent service.
They offer to start with an extensive menu of cocktails: typical classic Mahatan, Dry Martini, ... and other more exotics (I don't remember them).
We drank two exotic coctails. We are not cocktail experts, but they were dangerously delicious.

There are two options with the dinner: normal open menu and other close tasting menu.
We opted for the normal menu, because the other close menu has plates with onion that it can not easily removed or replaceabled.

The best for us:
- cheese croquettes and shellfish croquettes.

Other good plates:
- Pate with very ggod pear sauce
- Steak tartar a bit spicy. They forgot to ask about high, medium, low spicy.

Other normal plates:
- Bluefin tuna or red tuna
- dessert: caramelized torrija (bread soaked in milk and fried in batter)

Wines: extensive wine list for both the bottle and only glass of wine.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Great pleasure to eat here: warm welcome by friendly staff, relaxed but stylish surroundings, pleasant atmosphere, creative cooking, well-judged innovation, good wine too. Well worth the price, will be back next time in A Coruña.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Food is first class small portions with incredible flavours. Lovely cocktails and great wine selections. Elegant contemporary surroundings ideal for a special occasion. Our praise to Javier our waiter. Most attentive and very knowgiable. I wish the Maitrie could have been more attentive.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Eating in this restaurant is a feast for the sence, the food is delicious and the service is very gently. We started our lunch with cocktails, the waiter invited us to try one called "Apple Fizz" and it was the right choice, we also loved the ones with no alcohol. All starters are fantastic, but the seafood croquette and the marinate Atlantic horse mackerel ("Xoubas marinadas") were excellent. I had hake ("merluza") with black rice as my main course I stilll have the flavour in my mouth, so tasty! All products are fresh and they know how to cook all the ingredients.

Desserts are exquisite, so leave/make some space in your stomach for a good lemon pie, "Torrija" or for a funny caprese salad (one of my favourites)

We finnished our great lunch with some creative shots which they don't charge. The chef, Juan Crujeiras came twice to our table and asked about the quality of the menu.

In my opinion they deserve to become the new Michelin star in A Coruña. Tons of luck and fingers crossed.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

It had been a while that I wanted to try this restaurant... The restaurant was pretty full when we arrived, but our table was ready. I have to say it was the best table at the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I had just crossed the Atlantic and was expecting a nice lunch with my family after a few months of being apart.

We started with a few cocktails that were delicious and magnificent. Really, really well done. It is definitely worth starting with cocktails. My margarita was a bit on the sweet side and lacked some acidity but I could not complain: after all, it was not a “traditional” margarita what I asked for.

The food was excellent, fresh, well presented. I thought the portions were well balanced. The dishes we shared were delish: excellent steak tartar, nice razor clams, good croquettes, and lovely empanada (clearly, homemade). The main dishes were equally well presented and truly fresh. I would say the cooking/presentation was more traditional than I would have expected from this chef but this came as a nice surprise. I like traditional Galician cooking and I truly enjoyed the experience at Bido.

As a final note, I would like to emphasize that, the maître, as well as the other waiters, despite other reviews, is a true professional. He managed our expectations really well, provided good advice regarding portions, was eager to please the children at the table and, as it should be in restaurants, he never said “NO” to any of our requests. He showed how humble he is by sharing with us the things he thought could improve: the temperature of the second bottle of wine, for example. This attention to detail make Bido a special place. We will return.

Date of visit: July 2017